Thursday 22 May 2014

Bedroom

Finally we got all the new furniture assembled and put into place. All my things are nicely organised and I just feel relieved to have it over and done with now. I still need to get a few things though, and we haven't bought the co-sleeper, which will change the room up a bit :D But here it is...our bedroom.


The Bed - Most of our covers are in either white, brown or blue tones, so this look changes a bit, but not considerably, when I change the bedsheets. The little bedside lamps are from Argos and were only 13.99 for a pair. They are touch base and have 3 different light settings...so cute :D
The picture came with the flat, and I have had it on pretty much every wall in every room. It goes really well now though I think. My side is the left, and the co-sleeper will be on that side as well....obviously.


The new chest of drawers - these are from the Koppang range in Ikea and they were actually at a really good price (£60 pounds each). They are longer and higher than the ones we had before, but the less wide, which is good because it gives more space between them and the bed. The machine on the left is a humidifier...It's Ds and I really hate it :D but I read that it's really good for the baby...so it can stay for now...even though I don't see why we need more humidity in England.

I am aware that there is 2 mirrors on the top. I only usually have the round one...we can't put it on the wall, because the walls are made out of paper :D so we're scared it might fall and break. I usually have the smaller one on my bedside table behind the lamp, but it looked better on the picture to not have it there, because Ds bedside table is pretty much empty.


On my chest of drawers I have a 2 boxes, the bottom round one has my clip-in hair extensions in it and a few random things like extra chargers and some documents. I keep all my extra make-up in the top box. The things I don't use daily, or hardly use, so most of my eye shadow palettes and out of tone foundations and a few cremes...all that. And then that big pile of jewellery is just a big pile of things I tend to use more often...small earrings, bracelets and bangles and a few necklaces.
And then there is a picture of my brother and me almost 8 years ago with my dog (he got ran over by a car 2 months after I moved to England :(  The picture is actually taken on the day when I left. 16th of September 2007 :D how strange)

This rattan chest of drawers also came with the flat and I use it to store all my extra jewellery, scarves and sunglasses and also my work shirts and gloves and things like that. I also have my hair dryer and straighteners in there when I'm not using them. I do tend to just chuck things in there once I've used them and it gets really messy....ALL THE TIME :D


This is the only closet in the bedroom. It's so tiny... so most of my clothes are stacked on top of each other on the hangers. Only organising I've done with it is I've tried to color co-ordinate even though all the long skirts and maxi dresses and longer sweaters and jackets are on the edges and don't go with the colors. D keeps his shirts and suits in the other bedroom, where there is the same size closet. They are both built in though, which really helps with the room lay out. The one thing I do think is great is the shoe shelf D got me. It comes in like a 100 different pieces and you can assemble it the size and height you need and want. So I keep my flats on top of it and heels in the compartments....I have to admit though, that there is about 15 pairs of boots and more shoes behind the shelf, because they just didn't fit. And I keep my daily shoes in the hallway.


On the top shelf I kee all my sweaters and cardigans and a few bags (most of my bags are under the side table in the living room....I have no idea why :D ) The shelf is quite high up though, so I usually just pull something out when I need it, and just throw it back in there once I'm done with it :D


This is not in the bedroom. I do my make up in the bathroom, so I keep all my daily make up and cremes in the Estee Lauder bags and I'm using  just a cleaned coffee jar for my brushes. I would keep them in the bedroom, but I usually wake up before D so It's just easier like this, plus the sun shines on this side of the house in the morning so I've got great light.

Hope you enjoyed the post. And I hope I get the strength together to sort out the living room next. Even though the massive coffee table is starting to grow on me :D


No comments:

Post a Comment