Thursday 15 May 2014

Back in England

I am back and have already been at work, done laundry, ordered furniture, cleaned the flat...BUT I haven't had time to update the blog...very bad.
I know I am also late on the 27 week update, I'm going to do it on Saturday and do a joint 27/28 week one...or more like just a 28 week update.

As I have said before, our flat is in serious need of more storage, so yesterday when it came to ordering chest of drawers for the spare room/Ds office I actually reconsidered and figured this is a great chance to replace the cheap looking ones in the bedroom with some fresh new ones.

I have gone for all white in the bedroom, and will go for blues as well as yellows and dark browns.Tthe fleece blanket I use on top of the covers is also blue (you might have seen it, I've taken some pictures of clothes/make-up on top of the bed before) Nautical/sea side theme I think.

So I got 2 3 drawer chest of drawers and 2 side tables (I had to get different ones, because D didn't like the ones I picked out and I didn't like his choice, so we decided that since his side is the far corner, it won't make a difference which table there is (he needs drawers on his side)

The pine colored chest of drawers will go in the spare room now, where I can keep the linens and clothes I don't use daily. Also I'm going to get either plastic storage boxes or some baskets to go underneath the cot (still don't have it) to keep the baby's clothes in them. And I did order a bigger coffee table as well for the living room. Funnily enough none of the furniture is from the same line (IKEA) but since it's all white I din't think it makes a difference...our living room furniture is white as well (couches are brown)

So a bit of Pinterest Inspiration for the living room and bedroom :)


I love just a simple arrangement of a bunch of flowers and candles. We use candles a lot :)


These are exactly the right colors. so simple and earthy...or should I say seasidy :D

I like the idea of a shelf above the bed with decorations on it, and also need a good picture collage as well. And you can never have enough candles.

I'm so hoping that with the new furniture the flat will finally start looking like a home rather than a rental place. I have only lived here since February and I'm quite glad I've waited a bot with the decorating, because I have had some crazy ideas :D But this now seems to have stuck for a while, so we'll give it a go

Here's to homes :)






No comments:

Post a Comment