Saturday 12 April 2014

Wardrobe essentials


     So todays post was meant to be a 23 week update, but as I am heading out later, I'll take the photo, once I'm dressed up and have a bit of make up on, so the post will be up tomorrow.
Today is the wardrobe essentials post though. There are just a few things a girl just can't live without. I've picked a few favorites/examples from www.theoutnet.com and later on in the week I'll do a another post of my wardrobe equivalents, which are clearly high street and more affordable :)
The Outnet is a great site for past and current season designer clothes and accessories for usually half the price :)




I've chosen pretty basic colors, as those are the colors I usually go for. I like to pump up my outfits with funky shoes/bags/accessories rather than having the clothes be the statement piece. But then again once and a while you need that vava voom dress, wich needs little or no accessorising. But those pieces are part of another post :)

For my wardrobe essentials I pick pieces I can mix and match with eachother and usually variate from day to night by adding a few accessories and a bit more make up :)

These are my picks.

First Picture :

Black shoes by Brian Atwood £280
Purple platform heels by Charlotte Olympia £678
Black Dress by Donna Karan £547.78
Simple black blazer by Donna Karan £354
Sunglasses Marc by Marc Jacobs £45
Leopard print flats by Oscar de la Renta £285
White dressy blouse by Oscar de la Renta £528.5
A black simple shoulder bag by Tory Burch £225.5

Second Picture:

Blue jeans by 7 for All  Mankind £90
Statement necklace by Roberto Cavalli £487.5
Simple longer cardigan by Theory £112.5
Shirt dress By See by Chloe £192.5
Clutch bag by Stella Mccartney £225.5
Laid back white shirt by T By Alexander Wang £141

Obviously these items are way too pricey for me apart from a few exclusions. But it's always nice to dream :D I must say my favorite outfit on most days is jeans and a white t-shirt or a shirt. For daytime I can wear a cardigan with the outfit, with some printed flats and a shoulder bag and for the evening I can add a statement neclace some heels and a blazer.
I also think a black blazer is sooo versatile as I can wear it on a night out or dress it down with some simple tennis shoes or flats during daytime. Basically these are all the items I have in my wardrobe and couldn't live without (only mine are mostly from the high street and cost me a lot less pounds than these beutiful things on the pictures)

But why not spend a little less on the basics and splurge on a great statement piece that will add something special to any outfit :)

What are the things that you girls can't live without?

No comments:

Post a Comment