Wednesday 16 April 2014

The Maxi Edition


In the past years one of the summer staples has always been The Maxi Dress. It is everywhere in the shops as soon as the first spring/summer pieces come out. Why? Because it's so versatile. This is the dress you can wear all year around (given you live in England, where there is no real winter) depending on what you wear it with. On the colder days, you can add a chunky cardigan or a leather jacket with some flat boots and once it gets warm all you need to make a maxi dress a full outfit is a handbag, sandals and a few accessories.
I must say I am all for the bohemian look, and love looking how people add piles of bracelets and a big floppy hat to their maxi, but in reality, I like to keep it simple on myself. If the print is loud, the accessories are minimum, and usually I just go for a big boho bag and flip flops.
That doesn't matter I can't appreciate other style takes on this staple piece.
Here are my maxi dress picks. They vary from being cheap as chips to your weekly rent money :D



First one is Forever21 and it is only 18.75. I found the other 2 on Asos, and they are actually Asos own and both cost 55 pounds. 




First one is again from Forever21 for 18.75. The lime green dress is one of my favorites and it's only 28 pounds from Oasis. The colorful maxi dress with a deep v neck would be just perfect for a summer wedding party or a bit fancier garden due, but it's also the most expensive of the picks from Forever Unique, buying this will set you back by 220 pounds...I think it's worth it though :D 




And the last picks are just some classics. Asos Kimono Dress in a simple blush color ready for any accessory you choose the poly-blend fabric will keep you cool in the hottest weather and costs only 30 pounds. And something I would defenetly go for is a simple black maxi dress. I am a bit love with brown leather bags and shoes, which will go perfectly with  this. I have a black maxi dress from H&M which I got a few years ago, and it is in constant use in the summer/spring and even autumn months.

What is your summer staple/go-to piece and how do you style it ?

2 comments:

  1. Kas seda Asos Kimono Dress leidub ka teisi värve? Minu jumega (known as lubjatehase direktor) vist jääksin vist veidi washed out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The asos kimono maxi dress comes in 3 different colors. Nude, black and red :)

    ReplyDelete