Wednesday 16 April 2014

A week with food

So it's time to unload the motherload of food pictures. I have taken quite a few, and I know it's meant to be a week in pictures, but there are some from last week as well. I'm not great at taking pictures of our dinners, because they tend to end up looking like pictures of dog food :D

This a photo of Miss Em Es being slightly embarrassed by the pure size of our lunch. Sometimes you just have to give up and have that massive burger. Ours was a beef burger with chorizo, brie and briouche bun. We didn't manage to finish our chips though. And I'd like to say I didn't have much for dinner, but I'm pretty sure I had a big dinner as well. A cheat day well worth it's nane

This is just pictures of a few of my breakfast. I usually have sandwich and a yogurt or porrige. Sandwiches are made with seeded bread ( I only have 1 slice, rather than trapping the toppings between two slices :D ) and usually there is some ham, cheese and depending on the mood cucumber or tomato. It's very rare when I have a big breakfast, but when I do I usually go for a slice of toast and scrambled eggs. I used 1 whole egg beaten with some mineral water on the one pictured, and added dill, smoked veal sausage and
mushrooms. I make the porrige with quaker oats, and it's usually apple and blueberry flavor packets. They are so easy to make, but I add water rather than the recommended milk, as I like to add a bit of jam. I also add half a banana whenever we have some in the flat, and sprinkle some ground cinnamon.
I do get up a bit earlier every day when I have work, just to make time for breakfast as otherwise I would be so hungry by lunch time, I would make bad decisions and order something greasy and horrible. But the one thing I can't go without even if i sleep in and have to miss food is coffee. I have decaff at home and at work I usually make a nice latte with real coffee beans. Before my pegnancy I would have about 7 cups of coffee a day, but now I tend to have about 3 out of which only one is caffeinated.


I usually have dinner at home rather than go out, as atleast then I know what goes in it and atleast 2 times a week I have to eat dinner at work anyway. But when I do go out to eat we usually pick an italian restaurant. We live by an old church square in the jewellery quarter, where restaurants are mostly italian for some reason, And I find that in Italian restaurants I can go either way depending how naughty I feel. I can have some fish and spinach or vegetables as the picture above or go for some pizza or pasta.
But when we do cook at home, it's usually fishcakes with some salad, normally I would add feta cheese to my salads, but like a mentioned on the bump update, feta cheese doesn't sit well with me these days. Other days it's chicken with some vegetables or in a stir fry. D likes to think he is mixing it up, by sometimes using cus cus for the stirfry but I'd like to think I've kind of had enough stir frys to last me a year :D
Another thing is that I hardly have a starter, but I went for my friends birthday dinner yesterday, and since everyone was having one I decided to go for it as well. I had some melon with parma ham, and since I know the manager of the restaurant I asked him to add a bit of mozzarella as well. So the BIG BALL of mozzarella is what italians think of as little bit :D I couldn't finish it all, plus I wanted to leave room for my seabass and spinach. All in all it was all very delicious and mostly healthy :)

So this is the post about the food I've been having lately. I don't think I will do another post about my breakfast as they really are pretty much the same every day.

Stay healthy and stay active.
Post on my wardrobe essentials to follow soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment