Friday 27 June 2014

Weekly Eats

It has been one weird week. One half of it I can't be bothered to do anything, the other half I'm just all over it :D This only means the meals at the beginning of the week, where not that great :D But it got better...

And these are a few things I have been munching on this week.

On Tuesday we had another delivery from the Riverford Farm. This time I picked the things I wanted for it rather than getting the veg and fruit in season. 
I also wanted to try the fresh apple juice, but D had done a Sainsbury's order, so we had loads of juice already. I will definitely try it one time though.



I ordered another batch of eggs, mushrooms, new potatoes, carrots, nectarines, cheddar cheese, cherry tomatoes and also gooseberries.
I also really like their packaging. They just collect it and recycle it with the next visit.

Look at those beauties :D They still need a little bit of ripening, but nothing a few days on the windowsill can't fix :D I have been picking on them though so I don't think they will last long.



This is actually our dinner yesterday.




 I did a big Tesco shop and found these funky Chorizo style burgers. Went bun less again, since we end up using only the 2-3 buns and then the rest just go mouldy. On the side I made a nice fresh salsa, with tomatoes and spring and red onions and olive oil, and some garlic fried mushrooms. 

Also the potato wedges, I just seasoned them with this potato seasoning I get from the lithuanian shop (We always use it in Estonia and actually the writing on top is Estonian :D) and olive oil and lined them up on the oven tray like little soldiers, turning them every once in a while.

For dessert I made this amazing thing :D 




Eaton mess, with blueberries and strawberries and a berry coulis. So good. But I might have put too much sugar in the cream as it was REALLY sweet :D I couldn't even finish this glass.

On a good note though, I had loads of berries left over, so I had some for breakfast with raspberry yogurt. 




 Tonight we had chilli chicken thighs with a fresh salad for dinner. Light and yummy. 

And this is how the fruit tray looks now. It won't stay like that for long though, because now that the fruit is actually on the table and in reach, we eat quite a bit more I think. 




I did have cheecky Solero ice-cream for a dessert though :) Think I deserved it after being so good with breakfast and dinner :D




And tomorrow we have our monthly date night. We want to go to this Italian place called Fumo, but they don't take any bookings for less than 7 people, so we're hoping we can get a table. 
But if not, then we do have a booking in 2 other restaurants as well. San Carlo (which is really nice, also italian :D) or Malmaison, which is really good, but a bit further away from Fumo. 

Anyway
Hope you enjoyed the post. 

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment