Tuesday 24 June 2014

This Feeling

This feeling I have been feeling lately is laziness. I don't know why, but I've been feeling really lazy for the past couple of days.

 Usually the one thing that I just have to do is make the bedroom look nice and tidy, even if it means the drawer where I chuck everything is going to be messy in result. But for the last few days I have just chucked everything in the corner...I haven't made the bed (another thing I always do, and I do it my way, D doesn't do it right :D) and just left it the way it is. It looks pretty bad :D 

And I also haven't really washed the dishes. 
The dishes is the other thing I always do before bed, because I hate seeing them in the sink when I wake up. Call me weird, it's just how I am. And since I'm on the kitchen subject I also can't be bothered with the food. I love to cook, don't get me wrong, but I just can't be bothered at the moment. I don't even want to think what I want to eat, let alone cook it, so D has been in charge of the feedings for the two days. 

I just feel really tired. My feet are tired and my brain is tired. I don't think or talk sense :D It's such a horrible phase, I just want to get over it.

So in hopes of getting some of my energy back, I decided to take a nice long bath. I don't usually take baths and when I do I always have a shower after as well. But I figured a bath will just get me in the mindset of cleanliness and calmness. 
And you know what...it helped. 

I got out tidied up the bedroom, did the dishes, made myself a nice cup of peppermint tea and a cheese ham sandwich and just felt so much better.
I guess sometimes you need something little bit extra to get yourself in the right mindset, and for me today it was the bath :)

What's your go to thing for getting out of a rut? 
Comment below with your answers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment