Sunday 22 June 2014

33 Weeks

According to my app my baby is now 43.7 cm in height and weighs about 2 kg. His brain is developing more distinct functions and is now capable of controlling breathing, digestive functions and body temperature. And his lungs are also almost completely ready for breathing on his own. He can now differentiate between day and night apparently...so he wakes up and is really active when I try to go to sleep on purpose :D ? good to know :D 
And I am meant to be gaining a pound a week, out of which half will literally be the baby weight :) 

Back in the toilet with these pictures...I figured out that the mirror comes off the wall, so for my pregnancy fashion post I put it in the bedroom, but I can't be bothered to do this every time. Pardon my attire as well :D clearly in pj's ...





And a little bumo comparison...The first picture is actually 24 week one, so it's not really 10 weeks difference, but still...what a difference :D 



How far along : 33 weeks

Gender : Boy

Total weight gain : 19 pounds. I've found my appetite drop these days. Or is it because there is little to no room in my stomach, so I can only have small meals ? :D 
Anyway I think that I've pretty much stayed in this weight for a few weeks now. Funny thing is that I've only been weighed 3 times by the doctor/midwife. Once at 6 weeks, then at 12 weeks and then at 28 weeks. I guess if you look healthy and your measurements add up, they don't really look at the weight....I don't know. Has anyone else had the same ?

Cravings : Chocolate and spice and everything nice....SUGAR. I really need to get it together :D then again I still manage to stick to 1 ice cream a day (2 if it's warm outside :D) Other than that I think I've stayed quite healthy. I like a lot of fruit and a lot of veg. The vegetable and fruit box that got delivered is empty...apart from a few potatoes...also the beets that I only just boiled yesterday, so I'll be eating them very soon.And fried potatoes... 

Sleep: Sleep is good, but I do get an occasional leg cramp every now and then. 

Stretch marks : Oh no...I think I found one on my boob today. Maybe it's just a mark from my top from sleeping, but I'm too scared to check now :D Then again if I have to have them somewhere I would rather have them on my boobs, as I don't really flash them that much. The one I think I found is not even on top of the boob, but rather under the nipple, so in reality no one really sees it :)

Movement : Loads and loads and all the time :D Sometimes I walk and he gives me a jab and I make a movement like I've been punched in the stomach, which basically I have, but no one has seen the punch :D

Signs of labour: The braxton hicks contractions seem to have disappeared. Or maybe I'm just more used to them now, so I don't notice them. 


Things for the baby: Apart from the things we already had, I also bought this cute blanket. It's quite thick, so good to put on the floor for the baby to lie on :) 



And yesterday we also finally ordered the co-sleeper. We got this one by Chicco and ordered it from Mothercare

Favourite Name: Same as last week :) 

Thoughts : It's getting all too real now. I'm thinking once we get the pushchair as well, we are going to lose it :D Also I have to pack the hospital bags now I thinks, or that's what they say you should do. I need a bag though, because I don't have a bag big enough and small enough for that occasion...shopping trip me thinks. Also D booked us in for the parent education classes in the hospital...so we are going there on the 7th on July...I swear if he wouldn't have done it I would've just kept on forgetting until it was too late. And then there are all these sales that have just started...I'm trying really hard to keep myself away from them...I don't think I will last much longer. But that's about it...my head is pretty empty these days, or there is just too much in there and I can't organise any of my thoughts to write them down. 

To sum this week up, I think me and D have both been pretty productive. Or ok D has been, I've just been a forgetful pregnant lady :D 
Lets see what this week will bring :)


No comments:

Post a Comment