Saturday 14 June 2014

Living Room Update

I finally found some accessories to spruce up the living room, and D swapped the tv table for the massive coffee table, so we are all good :D

So I went to TKmax again (this place will bankropt me :D) And got a few nice things to liven up the blandness.


I got this nice cream colored throw, it's so soft. And then the cushion with the flowers on. It has accents of blue and lime green. Really pretty


This is how the cushion looks like from the other side. I actually ended up leaving it on this way, because it gives more of an effect. 


This is the second settee. The stripy cushion on the left of the picture is the same as the one on the first picture, except it's in all cream/brown/beige colours. The other reason I keep them stripy side up is that the flowery bit is done with a thread that's a bit shiny, and I'm not a big fan of shiny :D 


And this is my coffee table arrangement. I got both of the trays, so one is for candles and flowers (picked these from the garden :D and they are in douwe egberts cleaned coffee jars...we have about 6 of them, so I keep trying to find what to do with tem. They are great for storing dry goods because the lids are really great, but they are just too small for pasta and flour and stuff like that :D) The other tray I figured I can use for fruit. But I only have bananas at the moment, and they were looking a bit rough, so I left them out of the picture :D 

I did do an order from Riverford Organic farm. So I should be getting a box of vegetables and fruit on Tuesday. I also ordered eggs :D figured why not. I only buy free range anyway so to have them delivered to your door for the same price....perfect.

It really is worth researching your local farms and markets to find the best quality ingredients. And like I've mentioned before, I'm trying to be as good as possible lately, with all the additives and GMO's. But sometimes stores don't stock the things you've gone for in the organic variety, so you have to make compromises. 

Anyway...hope you like the look of the lving room. I forgot to take the before photo :D but to be honest it wasn't that much different :D apartt from the fact it was missing the things I bought today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment