Wednesday 30 July 2014

Weekly Eats

I haven't really been good at taking photos of my food this week. I've been too busy eating the food :D But I did manage a few, because I knew I wanted to do a post on food, as lately all the posts have been baby related.

Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoyed actually eating these dishes :)

This one looks like dog food :D It's actually a healthier take on the old classic sausage and mash. I only used 2 small potatoes for my mash and added a sweet potato and carrots as well :)



On Monday we made some homemade pizza. We made 2 different ones :D Not that we were that hungry or had company, but because I made too much dough :D

First one was a pepperoni one with jalapenos, onions, peppers and sundried tomatoes. Looks more like a pie. It tasted amazing. And the second one was a bit more simple with ham and peppers and onions. Both of them were lathered with lots and lots of cheese.



This is a picture of one of my breakfasts. I don't remember which day it was. I had a wholemeal seeded bread slice with cheese, ham and tomato and some cottage cheese on the side. And a healthy glass on oj. I always have coffee as well.


And I'm pretty sure this is not from this week, as it's from when we went to the cinema with D. We got there too early, so had a costa fix before the movie started. I had caramel latte cooler and a lemon muffin and D had a passionfruit? cooler with a chocolate muffin.


And the last thing I'd like to mention about what I've been eating lately is that I've been having lots of apples and lots of carrots. I get carrots with pretty much every one of my farm deliveries weekly, and have a couple as a snack every day. I just can't keep myself away. It reminds me of summers at my grandparents, when I was little. We would just pull out carrots from the ground with my cousin and wash them in the rainwater tank and then just eat them. I miss having a garden :(


Another thing is that instead of the usual, make my own box of veg from Riverford I opted for one of their medium vegetable boxes, and I got some broad beans in it this time. Does anyone know a good recipe for broad beans?? I hate beans myself, but don't want to waste them so I thought I'll make something for D.
Suggestions are welcome :)





No comments:

Post a Comment