Saturday 12 July 2014

36 Weeks Pregnancy Update

36 weeks today :S time is just flying by. I'm not complaining though. I absolutely can't wait for him to be here. All the preparations are now done. It is actually 7 am at the moment :D I couldn't sleep so I figured I'll get up and finish this post, as I've got plans for later and probably won't have time to do it then. This way I can just upload the pictures before I leave and enjoy the rest of my day. And if I take them before going then at least I won't be in sweatpants again :D
We are actually going to get the pushchair and a few last things for the baby today, so it's really exciting. because these things are literally the last things we need :S

How dusty is my mirror :D ? 





How far along: 36 Weeks

Gender of the baby: Boy

Weight gain and measurements: I have gained 2 pounds this week :D I don't know how or why, I'm not very bothered either. Also they say that around this time the weight gain will actually start to slow down and even if it doesn't...I mean, how much weight can one person gain in less than a month.
Fundal height at my 34 week midwife appointment was 33 cm...that is actually bigger than average, even though I don't really feel bigger than average :D I've got my 36 week appointment on Monday, so I'll be getting an updated measurement and also apparently at this appointment, when your baby is still in breech position, the midwife can arrange an ultrasound....It would be really cool to see the little guy once again before he comes :) But knowing me, everything will be bloody perfect won't it :D

Preparations: The bed is ready to go...I've got the bedmat under the sheet for me (just in case my water breaks in the bed...) and all the little clothes are now washed and ironed. The bath got delivered by our friends(it's so big:D)  I have also packed my hospital bag. I only packed one overnight bag, it's quite big so it fit all of mine and the babies things. I will do a separate post on the bag though as I'll accompany it with another video. And by the end of today we will have a pushchair, either being delivered or we actually have it...I'm not quite sure you can take it with you on the spot...I don't know :D we will see once we get there and actually find one :D

Tips and tricks I've learnt:

  • Keeping active will help you have a pregnancy with less problems...I mean I had a pretty intense job and even though right at the end I did sit down quite a lot, most of my pregnancy I kept working, doing around 20-25 hours a week :) They tell you to take 30 minute walks, so I took 6 hour walks at work :D 
  • If you keep your diet pretty much the same (if you were really unhealthy before pregnancy, change it obviously :D) but if you keep eating your fruit and vegetables and have a varied diet, then you need less supplements...the only vitamins I take are the multivitamins by Pregnacare throughout your pregnancy ones, that have all the good in them. I don't and don't need to take any extra iron either
  •  I keep doing my pelvic floor exercises, but lets be honest I forget about them most days :D still no leaks though...
  • Don't spend a lot of money on baby clothes, and organise a baby shower instead (or have your friends organise it for you) It's a great way of having friends over to talk babies and get all the essentials you need for the first few months :) 
  • Don't over think it...I know they tell you to call your midwife or the hospital every time you think something is wrong and I'm not telling you not to, just don't think every little sign means something bad. For example diarrhoea in the late stage of pregnancy might mean you're going into labour, as it's the bodies way of clearing its passages for more bigger things to come through :D If you keep thinking something is wrong all the time you will end up hating being pregnant (I'm not saying I love it, but most of the time I don't even feel different). Take it easy and enjoy it. 

Sleep: Some days I sleep like a baby, some days I wake up for toilet breaks and can't go back to sleep for what feels like hours. It feels really heavy to turn as well, which is probably a good thing as this way I don't turn too quickly. But it is getting slightly harder to find a comfortable position. Also, the weather is really hot lately, which makes it even more uncomfortable to sleep...maybe it's a good thing D is a duvet hogger :D

Signs of labour: Still get the lightening feeling every now and then. I know he is not fully settled though as he does still move I'm also still getting period like pains, but they are not strong at all and only come every now and then. No braxton hicks contractions as of yet...or maybe I just don't realise I'm getting them :D
You know how I said I get cramps in the palms of my hands...I realised I sleep with my hands in strong fists :S this is super weird, it's like I'm ready to fight someone :D

Thoughts: I keep telling this to everyone, actually have been for a really long time, that I will go into labour on the 26th of July. No one believes me obviously, I don't even believe myself :D The thing is that the 26th is exactly my 38 week mark, and maybe I just got it stuck in my head that I won't be the one going over my due date. I'm just thinking that everything has felt so normal and good that he just doesn't need to stay in there for much longer :D Then again I won't be disappointed if he doesn't come early. Another thing is that all these talks that first time mothers go over their due date are not based on any study. Actually the studies and researches that have been made on the subject show that there is no difference whether you are a first time or second time mother. There is also no proof that age plays any effect. So I am not actually quite sure where people are taking this information. Just because a few more famous bloggers/youtubers/celebrities have gone over??? It just shows you not to believe everything you hear.
OMG more news, I heard this from my friend Marta yesterday, but apparently you don't get periods when you are breastfeeding. I couldn't believe it. Apparently this is your bodies way of preventing another pregnancy while you still have a little one to take care of....how awesome is that...on the other hand...don't count this to be your only way of preventing an unwanted pregnancy :D

Best Moment of the Week: That last shift at work. It was a pretty easy lunch shift and I actually felt pretty unemotional when I left about it, but it just meant that I'm at the last stretch now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment