Friday 25 July 2014

D Has A Birthday

I am a big fan of celebrating my own birthday, but it's not my birthday yet...it is on the other hand Ds' 31st Birthday :) How exciting...he is 5 and 2 months older than me, just in case anyone was wondering. Oh dear, I wrote that down and then started thinking if I was 25 or 26 :D complete pregnancy brain moment there :D I am still 25 though and will be 26 in September the 26th.
I've been trying  to pick up on what he would like for his present this year for a very long time. Last year I got him his favourite bottle of spiced rum, which he still has. And this year......I struggled so much. Now that we are living together I kind of realise that if there is something he wants he will get it right away :D Finally I think I got him the right thing :) and he seemed to like it.
I also got him some oven gloves :D This was obviously a joke present, but he does need them since he keeps burning himself every time he cooks. Anyway the present went down very well, which I'm happy about, because it did take me a while to think of what to get him. 
That was the present part. I also got him a chocolate birthday cake which I completely forgot about until lunch time. I was going to give it to him in the morning, but that didn't work out :D. I would've actually made it for him myself, but he is always at home, and I really wouldn't have anywhere to hide it overnight other than the fridge, and he would find it and it's too hot and it was just easier to get one from Marks&Spencer :D 
For dinner we went for a meal together, which was really nice. Again I could have  cooked myself, but I like celebrating birthdays. Also this might actually be the last time we get to go out for a meal in a restaurant before the baby comes, so it was really nice to dress up the bump for one night and just have chill evening. It is also good not having to wash the dishes at the end. 
So all in all it was such a nice day and a total success. And I think we both needed to get our minds away from all things baby for a bit :) 

This is what I wore.
The dress is from h&m and it's so comfortable. It's exactly the right length and its stretchy and it's summery. I must admit though, the colour and the bump together make me look a bit like a tomato :D
The necklace is also from h&m :)




 I have to add that I was actually wearing shoes, but this hot weather and being so close to giving birth, my feet are swollen. To a complete stranger they might look completely normal, but I can't fit into my shoes anymore. So I have 3 pairs of sandals I can still wear :D

The joys of being pregnant  :D




No comments:

Post a Comment