Tuesday 8 July 2014

Baby Shower

On Saturday I had my second baby shower. This time it was just friends, no family and I actually organised it myself :D

Everyone was saying that I'm a bit ocd because apparently your friends are meant to do it for you, but I really enjoy hosting and none of my friends are very good at organising...no offence to anyone :D But it's true.

So the guests were invited for 1pm, but everyone arrived early (if you know my friends, you know this never happens...you invite them for 1, knowing very well, they will come around 3 :D)so I actually wasn't even ready with anything...and it also meant I couldn't get ready the way I wanted, which meant I didn't really take any pictures, as I felt I wasn't looking all that great. 
Anyway since they did come early, I made them help me out a bit with putting the food out and doing a bit of table cleaning :D

All in all it was such a great day, and I just feel so blessed to have the friends I do. We got so many present for the little one it actually took me and D a good hour to sort everything out and put it away :) Now the only thing we still need (I feel like I've mentioned this one too many times :D) is the pushchair, which I know now, we're going to go get with Ds sister on Saturday and a changing mat. 


Here are just a few out takes from the day :)


Me with the pile of gifts 


And the lovely ladies (missing Anj, who was taking the photo and Jana, who hadn't arrived yet)

And I think we should be ok with not doing any laundry when the baby is here for at least a month :D Obviously it won't get that bad, but It's good to know it can :D 

Anyway...I decided to go for food that people can just snack on rather than a whole meal, so I did a cheese and ham board and I had bread with 3 types of hummus and pate(I can't eat pate, but doesn't mean no one else can't) and fruit and I also made an estonian style pasta salad, which was a big hit. 

For sweet things I made chocolate chip cupcakes with chocolate frosting and had fruit on the tables as well. The funny part of the party was, that only about 3 people actually drank alcohol :) Everyone else was either driving or just didn't feel like it or had work after. So we had some squash and coca cola, a few sparkling non-alcoholic drinks and ice tea :) 



I had some fruit and cheese and ham on the coffee table


And this is the main table. I forgot to put a few things out :D but no one left hungry I don't think so no harm done by my pregnancy brain :D


Like I said, I have the best friends in the world :) and since they got me so many things, it would be silly to take separate photos of all of them. So here is the video I did on all the goodies we got :) I did miss out a few things, because I just couldn't find them from the pile :D

I might actually start doing a few more videos, because I realise that sitting down and writing, might get a bit hard, when you're busy dealing with baby poop and breasfeeding and feeding yourself :D 

OK. So I did get a video editor as well, but I can't actually use it yet :D so this is an uncut unedited version :)









No comments:

Post a Comment