Saturday 2 August 2014

39 Week Pregnancy Update

This could be my last pregnancy update :o Most probably it's not going to be but IT COULD :D
I have been so bad at blogging, I have just been so lazy, and feel like nothing has happened really. But now that I think back on the week I actually have been quite active and I actually have done quite a bit, which means I've just been too busy to write it down :D
On Sunday we went to D's parents house to celebrate his and his brothers birthday, which was nice.
On Monday though I had my midwife appointment. She measured me again and decided to send me for a growth scan in the hospital, because the measurement came up the same as two weeks ago. On the scan though it turned out, baby is growing mighty fine and there is no reason to worry. I will have another appointment on the 11th of August just to check the growth again, given I haven't had the baby by then.
Tuesday I cleaned again and Wednesday I had a quick trip to town to get all the bathroom essentials again that I'd ran out and Thursday I had lunch with my friend.
Most evening though, I've just been taking it easy. We've watched a couple of movies, had food and just enjoyed the summer evenings :)
That has been my week, and since I am still so comfortable It has just been a nice chilled out week with no stress and it's just been normal. NORMAL...surely not for long :D

How far along: 39 weeks

Gender of the baby: Boy

Signs of labour: I have been having quite a few braxton hicks contractions daily since Sunday. They say that they will mostly happen if you've been in the same position for a long time and will subdue once you move around, but I just have mine at random times, doesn't matter if I'm walking or sitting or standing. And they will just go away on their own. They are painful, but the pain is comparable to light menstrual cramps, which is just like dull pain and completely bearable. They say you will know once the contractions are real and I think that is true, because I know these ones I've been having are not. I've also been having a bit of pressure down there. it's just a heavy feeling as if someone is resting on my pelvis :D
I have not had any real signs of labour, but I guess you never know. I mean it can be really sudden or you can start having little hints weeks before labour. I'm not getting stressed out on when he will decide to come, because I still feel perfectly fine, which means I have no point complaining. I've been pregnant for 39 weeks, surely I can last another 1-3.

Miss anything: I haven't deprived myself of anything while I've been pregnant, so there really isn't anything to miss. Actually I miss being able to button up my trousers and fitting into my shoes :D Other than that I don't think I'll be doing anything right away after giving birth. A lot of people might say drinking alcohol, but I've had a glass of red wine every now and then, so I'm not gasping for it :D Also since I'm going to  breastfeed I've gotten myself used to the idea that I won't be drinking after the birth either. And that is absolutely ok with me.

Best moment this week: Having lunch with my bestie Aunty Ruby. She is not my aunt in any way, it's just how I call her :D  I haven't been able to see her for so long. I don't think either of us has had a good enough excuse, it just hasn't happened. So it was good to catch up with her over some nice food and mocktails :)

New things for the baby: I ordered a small clutch changing bag. which will be good to take with me while I'm on the go. Just pop it in the bag. It folds out to be a changing mat and has enough compartments to keep some diapers and wipes in it as well. I think that is all though. We really do have everything for his arrival I think. D also did another online food shop so we have a few things in the freezer ready to be cooked. Just some quick and easy things like battered fish and some marinated chicken...

And on that note I'm signing off. Me and D are going for a spot of lunch and a little walk until it's still just the two of us :)



No comments:

Post a Comment