Wednesday 23 July 2014

Just A Little Update

I had a look through my posts, and I realise I'm now almost 38 weeks pregnant, but there is way too many baby related posts. This was not planned, I never really planned to concentrate so much on my pregnancy on this blog, but it seems that's what has happened. 
When I first started writing I figured it will be just a little hobby, I'll keep my 2 friends updated on what I'm doing, but looking at all the stats of the blog, I've realised quite a few more people are interested in what I write :) I still have only a few followers, which is slightly annoying, because I would like to see that people do actually want to keep up to date with my blog, but I guess that will happen in time.
I do also realise I have done little to none advertising for my blog. I only recently joined instagram, where I can share if a post is up. I've tried to start using twitter, but it's just not me. So I can't really be angry that no one really knows about my little blog (not even all my friends know about it). I promise I will change this factor though, as I am planning on advertising ''Life As I Know It'' on a few forums. And since I have mostly concentrated on the pregnancy/baby aspect of my life it will probably be momtobe and pregnancy/baby forums. I'm guessing, even if I don't accumulate more readers then no harm done...I haven't lost anything by doing it.
I can still see myself getting excited about 100 views a day :) 

Going back to being almost 38 weeks pregnant I have found that the one thing that really annoys me is when people try to guess when I'm going to give birth.
The amount of times I get the ''oh your belly hasn't dropped yet, so it will be a while'' is just infuriating. I am a short person. The baby is already really low and has been head down for weeks and weeks now. I don't see him dropping that drastically, because there is just nowhere to go. 
Another one was actually my reflexologist. She actually told me she thinks I'm going to go 11 days over???? WHO THE HELL WANTS TO HEAR THAT?? If you can't see the future, keep your thoughts to yourself :D First of all I lied to her anyway saying I'm 2 weeks away from my due date (I say I lied, it came out of my mouth before I could stop myself :D) so how would she come to the conclusion of 11 days. 
And my pet hate...people saying ''awwwwwww'' 
?
?
?
Just ''NO'' I will walk away in a strut if you say ''awwwww'' to me just because I'm pregnant.

Also...do not comment on the size of my baby bump. You might think it's small, I might feel it's huge, but the midwife is saying it's normal. So don't get me all worked up about saying my belly is too small or too big. You have no idea...really...you don't.

The one thing I have to say is that every pregnancy is sooooo different, and comparing me with all the picture perfect/out of the movie pregnancies is just not fair. 
If you haven't been pregnant yourself then I take it you know little or nothing about being pregnant and pregnancy itself. 

And the last thing is:

Just because I'm having a baby doesn't mean all I ever want to talk about is baby/pregnancy talk. Talk to me about the weather sometimes for all I care. I am still me not just this pregnant woman. 

And on that note I am off to take a shower...because it's time for bed....Yes I am aware it's only 9.30pm...I'm pregnant...deal with it.
What? Just because I don't want you to bring it up doesn't mean I can't whenever I want to :D



No comments:

Post a Comment