Saturday 5 July 2014

35 Weeks Pregnancy Update

You guys are just going to have to deal with the pj photos, because I've forgotten to take any better ones during the week :D But I wanted to get them up here, so there is a comparisement with week 36 photos :) 





Messy bed and no make up...let's all concentrate on the bump :D

How far along : 35 weeks

Gender : Boy

Total weight gain : It's a total of 20 pounds now I think. I chug a lot of water these days, and when I say water I have squash, because water does nothing to me taste wise :D Also since I know I only have 5 weeks left, I feel like I can actually let go a bit these days and have that extra piece of chocolate if I feel like it  ( I say piece :D I mean actually another chocolate bar :D) 

Cravings : Chocolate obviously. I think that's about it though. 

Sleep: Sleep is not very good. I wake up around 2 am for my first toilet break and find it really difficult to go back to sleep after that. I get cramps in my feet and also palms of my hands....it's really weird. D told me it's because the way I type...is this some kind of a weird blogger thing :D 

Stretch marks : NONE. So happy 

Movement : He is moving so much and his little foot is constantly sticking out on my right hand side :D so I sometimes have to give it a little push for him to pull it back a bit, because it does get a bit painful sometimes. Other than that I think he's quite comfortable. The midwife confirmed that he is head down but sideways which is why I only feel kicks on my right hand side...because that's where all his limbs are :) The thing is though, that because he is head down, he sometimes pressures my bladder, so I feel like I'm going to pee myself :D it hasn't happened yet, but only because I try really hard to empty my bladder as often as possible.

Signs of labour: I'm getting period like cramps every now and then. And pain in my lower back after I've been standing or walking a lot. That's all normal I guess. I shouldn't really be on my feet hours in a row and I know that, but I can't stop myself. I do put a chair for myself at work though, so I can sit down every now and then :D I only have 2 shifts left. That head down position  that he is in now and the feeling of pressure down there actually has a name and I think it's called the lightening of crotch. Then again this should .mean that he is in the right position and has nestled himself for the birth, but sometimes he definitely goes sideways and moves around, so I'm not quite sure if I do have that :D 
I don't know which way is better though, him being head down, but pressuring my bladder, which is uncomfortable but not painful. Or him being sideways and I actually get to go about with my day, without having to go to the toilet every 10 minutes. But the sideways position is a bit painful at times :S because he is stretching and it kind of hurts my skin??
I don't know...


Things for the baby: Taking this one off the list now, because there is just so many things now. I'll let you guys know once we get the pram though :) because that is the last thing we really do need. I have to say that I'm so lucky to have the friends I have...the amount of things I got today at the baby shower was just insane. I'll do a post on it next week. 

Thoughts :  I think all I want to do is sleep on my stomach and walk up a flight of stairs without loosing my breath :D I honestly just miss the most simple things. It's not alcohol and things I'm not allowed to have, it's the little things in life that just annoy me now :D So what they say about it getting harder at the end is true. It really feels like these 5 last weeks will just drag :S Maybe I shouldn't have taken the maternity leave so early (30 days before the due date) just so I would be occupied with something to make the time pass...Maybe I'm just being stupid and the last 5 weeks will just fly pass :D Plus, I get tired walking to work (I live 15 minute walk away...takes me 30), let alone working sometimes 8 hours, so I don't see myself doing it for much longer. 
And people don't really understand, that everything is so much harder when you're 8 months pregnant (in technical terms I'll actually be 9 months next week) Just being on my feet for an hour is hard work for me. I mean I work 4 hours and I feel like I used to feel when I had done a 16 hour shift :D it's no joke. I still try to be as efficient as possible, because I don't want to look lazy, but I just need to sit down every 10 minutes, and it's annoying me so much. Also my uniform at work is not very flattering, so people don't even realise that I'm pregnant, so there is no sympathy :D I just keep thinking that everyone just thinks I'm a chubby woman with no stamina, so when I was expecting the tips to get better, they actually haven't gotten better at all :D I have noticed that I'm nicer to people though :D 

Notes: Completely off the name Adrien now. Once someone mentioned that people might start calling him Aids, the name lost all of it's appeal. So now our baby boy is without a name once again....any suggestions?? anyone??? is anyone even reading this, or am I just fooling myself into thinking someone cares :D 


1 comment:

  1. Bruno Penno Bernhard afkoooooors on ilus poisslapse nimi;)

    ReplyDelete