Friday 13 February 2015

Revlon Photoready New Product Review


Hello, Everyone :)

I'll start off by saying these product are not completely new to the range but they are new and improved. So basically the lovely people in Revlon, have taken a good and loved product and made it even better and more lovable. (links below) Or have they?


I'll start with the primer. I find that even though it's meant to be anti shine, it actually makes my skin more shiny and I also found that it just left a greasy finish rather than that smooth surface most other primers I have tried. I was actually only impressed with the sponge it came with. It reminds me of the Beautyblender so I might start using it to apply foundation. 
This primer costs 6.99 at the moment in Boots. Because it's 3 pounds off. They also have an offer 3 for 2 across all Revlon products. I have to admit though, that if you are looking for an affordable primer...don't get it. Or maybe get it, because it is quite cheap at the moment and try it out yourself. I will honestly say I will be putting it at the bottom of my drawer and will probably never use it again.

Revlon Photoready Airbrush Effect foundation. 9.99 which includes the 3 pound off discount for new products. I got the shade 001 Ivory. The one good thing I found about this is that it completely matched my skintone...I'm a bit of a vampire lately :D But it streaks and I'm not quite sure if it was because of the greasy primer or because of what it is itself, but it does not last. I can definitely not apply it with my buffer brush, so beautyblender all the way with this one. The other good thing is that it looks pretty good with a flash (the Estee Lauder double wear looks really bad with a flash) and it's quite buildable. So if you are looking for a foundation for some good pictures, then this will be perfect. But don't expect it to last with the primer. And I definitely need to set it with a powder, which I would do anyway to prevent creasing. 

All in all I was pretty disappointed with these 2 products and it makes me sad. If you have been following me for a while you will know Revlon is my favourite drugstore brand, and I was really exited to try these out and rave about them to you guys....that didn't happen :D
On a bit of a more positive note. It was 3 for 2 on the Revlon products so I picked up a nice lipstain. I will do a post about it tomorrow alongside with my Valentines Day outfit (don't expect fireworks, we are staying home :D) and make up :)

Stay tuned, you guys :)
xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment