Saturday 21 February 2015

Le Quiche Recipe

Hello, Everyone :)
I made my famous quiche yesterday. I came up with the recipe when I was a vegetarian for a brief moment. I tend to go through phases in my life, where I decide that eating meat is cruel...so I stop. Usually something really shitty gets me back to meat eating. It's never a good piece of steak or a nice tender chicken breast. It's usually a shitty boiled cheese sausage :D or some dried up piece of pork :D Anyway, back to the quiche. It has one of my favourite food combinations in it, which is sun-dried tomatoes and goats cheese. I also use this amazing combo for my risotto :) and I do think that not every meal needs meat...Dan disagrees :D But he does actually enjoy this pie/quiche dish.
Everything that was going to go wrong with it went wrong though yesterday :D My head was clearly not screwed on properly, so I made silly silly mistakes. The taste was still the same great taste that I always get though, which showes that it's never about the appearance when it comes to food.


This is how I had a slice today for lunch. With a nice spinach and lettuce salad along side with tomato and cucumber and avocado. Because it is quite a rich pie dish, despite the fact that it's vegetarian, I always have it with salad.

So yesterday, something happened, that has never happened to me before. I left the dough in the oven for too long, after bar baking it, that it set into an upwards bolw :D Dan had a great idea of me turning it over and instead of slowly doing it I flipped it with a knife, so it cracked into a hundred pieces. :D I had to put it back like a puzzle :D


Panic averted, I decided I'll make do with what I've got :D So I pan fried the leeks, tomatoes, and mushrooms. What I would usually do is add the goats cheese at this point, and let it melt into the mix. But because the dough was cracked I decided that the more egg that goes to the bottom and into the cracks the better :D


So I added the goats cheese right at the end. I used 3 eggs and a table spoon full of sour cream for the filling mix. And about 100 grams on goats cheese crumbled on top.


And then I obviously forgot that I usually grate some cheddar into the egg mix as well, so I just sprinkled it on top :D


AND in the end, the cracked base moulded itself together with the egg and all the juice goodness from the vegetables and tomatoes, and it turned out pretty much just the same as always :)

If you too enjoy a good vegetarian hearty meal, then why don't you try this one out :)

Recipe

I sheet of short crust pastry (you can always make your own, but I have a baby and no kitchen appliances :D)
100 grams of goats cheese
350g of sundried tomatoes
3 small leeks
about 100 grams of sliced cup mushrooms

Pre-heat the oven to 200'C and pre bake the dough. Let it rest and if it has risen, taking it out of the oven and pushing it back down will help :D
Fry all the ingredient in a pan until the leeks and mushrooms are cooked. And add the goats cheese (or don't, you  can always sprinkle it on top like I did yesterday)
Divide the mix evenly on the dough.
Mix 3 eggs and a bit of milk or sour cream (I use sour cream as I like it more thick) and cheddar (any cheese will probably do, and you don't have to add any) and poor the whole thing on top of the veggie mix :)
Put the whole thing back in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until ready (once the egg is cooked) and VOILA.

Hope you enjoyed the post. And let me know once you've tried the recipe. Did you like it or hate it? :)
Stay tuned
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment