Thursday 12 February 2015

Oversized T-Shirt Obsession (River Island Thursday)


Hello, Everyone :)

I have been browsing the new season collection from the high street for a good few days now, and the one thing I have come slightly obsessed with is the oversized T-Shirt. I'm not quite sure why this item has moulded itself on my brain and just won't go away, but it has. So I'm going to feed my shopping bulimia here, by giving you guys a little fashion post on how I would style the T-Shirt for different occasions :) The good thing about the shirts is that they are all new season, so if you too would like to purchase them there is only a slight chance any of them will be already sold out :) And even then, the shops are more likely to restock it if it has so early into the new season. All these items are from River Island. One of the reason is that the brand is a high street brand and it's super affordable. Another reason is that I really do like that store this season. I didn't really find anything in there for Winter season, but Spring/Summer is a completely different story. I like it...I like it a lot :D
Hope you enjoy the post and get some inspiration as well :)

White&Black with a pop of blue
I am a sucker when it comes to black clothing. I will literally wear black all summer long and autumn and winter and spring :D It's just my thing. I LOVE black clothes. But I also love the combination of white and black. I just think the looks are clean and nice and you can go casual/fancy very easily. But since it is springtime very very soon, then I've added a little bit of colour.

You guys, I actually think I have found my spring/summer wardrobe. I'll be honest, with a teething, grumpy baby, I have been on this post for days now, only finding a few seconds during my awake hours to work on it :D But I love every single piece in this post. BUT the best part of all these items are that you can mix and match ALLLLLL OF THEM with each other, I mean fun for days, guys :D

Frenchy Chicky

I am absolutely slightly, kind of obsessed with stripes and I really don't think I have enough stripy clothes (saying this wearing a stripy sweater :D) And I do think Paris is always a good idea....unfortunately I have never actually made it to Paris. I will tuck the front part of the T-shirt in, as I would do with most oversized T-shirt....otherwise I will end up looking like Will I AM. But I love the frenchy look of this whole outfit. I know the hat and the bag kind of look like cheap Chanel knock offs, but I think they look so alive in a sense they look so fake Chanel, that no one would actually mind. I have a pet hate for fake real merchandise...you know the Louis bag that looks like one...but it's not. And cat eye sunglasses are so my thing. And I will get into wearing hats...All these promises :D

Little Grunge

Ok. I must admit, that this look looks more like autumn than spring, but why not wear boots into spring time...I think it's ok. Love the fringed bag. I mean it was all in and in fashion about 5 years ago, but I'm glad it's back. River Island does quite a few fringed bags this season and they stay in between the 30-60 pounds price range...affordable, me thinks. And round sunglasses, so retro. What makes this look a bit grunge though is definitely the leather peep toe zippered boots with the oversized floppy hat. Maybe with the sunglasses and everything you will end up looking a bit like Ozzy Osborne, but I mean, if you can pull it off, then more power to you. I think I could :D

Le Fuf

Why not mix stripes with polka dots...I mean rebel away :D Love these shoes, these are actually quite pricey at 60 pounds but there are similar ones in www.boohoo.com that are priced at only 35 pounds. And they have tassels :D anyway. Like casual ripped jeans with heels. but also this look with some simple gold or black sandals and I LOVE IT. I LOVE IT A LOT....Dumb and Dumber reference there for you...kind of...

Sping Blues

All black, everything black...oh wait...no...there is blue. I think blue is my third favorite color after black and white. And I mean, how well does it go...really well. the dark grey T-Shirt and studded sandals. Those see through sunglasses and a pop of blue with the small bowler bag. 
So the hat...I'm not quite sure about this :D but since I did promise I will start wearing hats this season, I thought I'll just throw that one in there and see how I will like it at the end of the day. I'm still not too sure...maybe it's the color. It's too MAUVE...weird color, unless it's on the dentist waiting room wall.
I can definitely see myself getting obsessed with the slip on sandals though, like I did with the Dune brown ones last summer.

NO WAY ROSE

So this is the shirt I first saw and was like...please...give me. I love rose gold. It's my forth favorite color after white black and blue...ok...sorry :D But no I really do love rose gold. And yes, lets style it down by adding it to a slouchy greay T-Shirt. And lets just keep it simple here because the shirt itself is so awsome. Anyway I would add the oversized sunglasses and probably not these sneaker, but I just loved them so much and just wanted to put them somewhere...so there. There they are :D I would probably wear this look with some black sandals instead and add a big black leather bag. maybe if it gets colder in the night time I could throw on a black leather jacket and look like a total bad ass.

But I do hope you enjoyed the post. Maybe the love affair for the oversized T-Shirt started for you as well. Maybe not. Maybe you're thinking whatever, Meril. But I like it. And I think all these looks are totes mommy/baby friendly, which does make a difference these days. 

Stay tuned everyone.
I'll do a Revlon Photoready product review tomorrow :)
xoxo

I'm sorry I haven't linked them to the website, but with all the madness I just wanted to get the post up. And I think River Island website is pretty easy to navigate :)

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Am making googly eyes at that No Way Rose T-Shirt #LawdHaveMercyMercyMercy
    Am classing that bish as a necessity not a mere want loooooool

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a beauty :D I actually went to their shop, but couldn't find it. Instead I bought the striped one...and I'm so disappointed. It's too long, like weirdly long, it has slits on the side up to your armpits and it's just awkward :S :D But a bit of scissors and sewing machine and I should have myself a normal T-Shirt :)

    ReplyDelete