Tuesday 17 February 2015

Little Beauty Haul

Good Evening, Everyone

I have actually managed to get my hands on some new make up and tools recently. So I thought I'd give you guys a little overview and mini reviews on the products that I have purchased :) I already did a separate post on the Revlon Photoready products so I won't be talking about them again. Hope you enjoy the post and find something to try out yourself :)

Firstly and foremostly I got these Zoeva brushes. I'm not going to lie, they have ended up in my online shopping basket a few too many times, and every time I have not been able to justify getting them. But I figured that I will be able to use them on my make up course, that is meant to start in May?? :D I need to double check that. So I got them. And I'm so happy with my buy. They are amazingly soft, firm, silky and beautiful. My favorite one so far is the silk finish brush, that I use to apply my foundation. The powder brush is slightly too airy to apply compact powders but probably perfect for loose powder. And the rest of the brushed I'm yet to try out :D But I'm sure they will not disappoint. I got this set of face and eye brushes with the bag from the Beautybay website.


All the products I've gotten from either Boots or Superdrug


Face products


You already know about the disappointment the Revlon products were. But all the rest of these are pretty darn amazing for what they cost me :)
I have used the Rimmel Stay Matte powder for years and I still keep going back for it every time. So that is definitely worth every penny. To be honest it only costs like a few pennies anyway :D
The Collection Lasting Perfection ultimate wear concealer is a new buy for me. I usually steer away from this company, but I've heard so many good things about this concealer that I decided to try it out myself. The cover is amazing and it really does stay on for hours. You obviously have to set it with a powder, but it does what it says it will do. 
And lastly by far my favorite bb/cc cream so far. Bourjois 123 perfect CC cream. I absolutely love this. On days when you just need a quick cover and fix, this is what I will grab for from now on. It leaves your skin smooth and not oily or greasy and covers all the blemishes and redness. I apply it with my fingers just in my t-zone and blend it out. AAAAMAzing

Lip Products


The swatches are the other way around :S

I have a big love for purple lip colours. I just think they look good on me and I think purple is less glam as red but not less dramatic. On the other hand I think a purple lip is much easier to dress down than a red lip. Anyway, I'll cut right to the point. This Revlon Colorstay Moisture stain in the color 005 Parisian Passion is perfect. It's just a really long stay lip gloss?stain? but it's not cakey. It just stays on in a glossy purpley heavenly color and I don't even have to reapply after hours. I mean I don't think you can ask much more from a lippy :D
Bourjois rouge edition velvet in the color 02. Not a big fan of this one. It is much more red than I was hoping it would be. I definitely don't think it's a every day color. But it is long lasting and really velvety and matte that it will be perfect for a date night lip :)
Collection Galactica lip butter in color 1 pink rush. I only picked this up because it was under 2 pounds, and I was already by the counter getting that concealer. I do find it a bit too metallic though. On the other hand it is very buttery and for a lip butter stays on for a good while. Definitely not kiss proof, as Oscar had some very pink cheeks :D
MUA lip liners. I picked these up for a pounds each, thinking you can never have too many lip liners, but I'm not a big fan. The colors are not very pigmented so it takes a good strong push to get the line clear. But for a pound I don't expect miracles :)

Eye Products


Seventeen Falsify HD mascara. This is a very hyped about mascara. But I'm not a fan. You need a good few coatings of it to actually make a dramatic change in the look of you lashies, and it kind of powders off under your eyes :(  Not going to buy it again, but won't be hiding it in the drawer either.
Must me honest with you guys. I actually thought this MUA eye liner was a lip liner when I bought it :D but the same story here. It's not very pigmented and takes a harsh hand to get it on the lid. Will probably try using it as a lipliner still :D As I don't want to be pushing it on my eyelids. 

And this is all for my little beauty haul post.
Hoped you found some products to try out yourself. 
What are your favorite beauty products/tools lately ? Any new products you have tried and loved ? Leave a comment below :) If you don't want to miss any upcoming post, why not subscribe :)

And as always
Stay tuned
xoxo

2 comments: