Monday 16 February 2015

Cupcake Heaven

Good Evening, Everyone :)
If you have been following my blog for a while now, you will know that every month that Oscar turns one month older we like to celebrate with a cake or some cupcakes or something sweet that you can stick a candle in :D
This time I decided to challenge myself with some cupcakes. And I think I completely succeeded :) I got the recipe from Anna Saccone's blog . She made new years mimosa cupcakes and I decided to change the recipe a bit as we didn't have any left over champagne and D doesn't like ginger. So I decided to do Chocolate and orange cupcakes :) The only change really I made was that I added chocolate chips and left out the ginger ale/champagne...I might have added a bit extra orange juice instead to make up for the liquid loss.


Oscar didn't get to eat any which is probably why he looks so disappointed :D

It was a messy affair :D


Obviously me being me, I forgot something. Which in cupcakes case was the chocolate chips. I added 4 of them in each cupcake once I had already divided the batter :)

The mess and hard work was totally worth it, when I saw these bad boys rise and crisp up :)

And they didn't end up looking half bad. I got the piping bag and setfrom TkMax for 3 pounds. But I think I might get bigger end parts, as I had to add quite a few layers to get it to the level it is :D I also added a bit of orange food coloring gel to the frosting that was left over, which explains the two colors.

All in all they turned out so good. What I will say is that next time I will definitely half all the ingredients, as there were way too many of them. I took loads to my friend today, but we are not big cake eaters, so I'm afraid the leftover ones will get hard in the fridge. 
Another thing I found weird about the recipe was that it only uses egg whites and no jokes. Suffle style :D

Hope you enjoyed the post, you guys :)
And get baking :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment