Friday 29 August 2014

2 Week Postpartum Update

Another week has ended !




This is what I look at 2 week after giving birth. I have a bit of a muffin top on the sides :D Annoying, but I wasn't hoping to look this great just after 2 weeks so I'm happy anyway. I have now lost a total of 19 pounds so I have another 5 pounds to go to reach my pre-pregnancy weight. The thing is that I think I was heavier than I'm comfortable with before getting pregnant. So hopefully, with the breastfeeding and adding a bit of excercise I can lose 10 pounds rather than 5. 

I am feeling so much better these days anyway and even managed to get a nice small brisk walk today. The thing is I can't walk that fast with the pushchair because the roads near our flat are not quite flat...victorian square and all that I think I need to venture a bit further out to get a good walking pace and not shake up the little one too much :D
And since we are pretty sure about the name now I don't mind announcing it here (there is a slight chance we're going to change our minds because our registry appointment is not until next Friday) 

Drumroll please !

We have gone for Oscar Leo :) I'm practicing calling him by his name every now and then and seems like it suits him quite well :)
He is growing so much as well. We think he is going through a growth spurt and he was actually 3.3 kg at his last weigh-in with the midwife, which was on wednesday. If he keeps going at this rate he'll be too big for all his newborn clothes in a matter of days :D 
Another thing is that he is actually quite long/tall and his legs are long as well. So a few all in ones are actually a bit too short for him now as well. He can't really stretch in them anymore :D
Other than that we are still continuing with bottle feeding him expressed milk and only very occasionally topping it up with formule (mostly in the evening when all I have left is milk expressed after having coffee :D I don't want him to be awake all night long)
He really is the cutest thing though and I might get frustrated at times because it's all so new still, but I get over it so fast . It's just all crazy amazing :D

No comments:

Post a Comment