Monday 4 August 2014

New Season Fashion Picks

Good evening everyone. It is officially the last month of summer. It surely hasn't been a usual summer for me you know with being pregnant and all, but it has been one hot one, so thinking of getting autumn/winter clothes while shopping seems to be a bit strange. But knowing English weather, it will change so quickly you have to think ahead.
I always get so excited with spring/summer collections...all those colours and light and silky fabrics. I'm thinking I never want to see a sweater again...and then the new autumn/winter collections come in and I'm as excited. And this year I have already found some awesome pieces I'm planning to buy, so I thought I'll share a few looks with you :) Or more to say a few statement pieces you can add to your wardrobe and work with your existing clothes.

1. The Leather Jacket

I have always been a fan of a classic black leather biker style jacket. But this camel colour one from Forever21 just caught my eye. And I can see myself wearing it as a part of a lot of different looks. Clearly it's not real leather. But for 30 pounds I think this is a good choice and it's animal friendly :)



2. The Sweater

A grey soft sweater to add to a casual jean look. Funk it up with a cool hat and a bag with heeled booties or dress it down with some trainers and a cool scarf. I am now thinking of ways I can be out and about fast, because I will have a very demanding job as a mother very soon. So anything that is simple and versatile will be the best choice for me if I plan to get anything done during the day.

3. The Bag

I L O V E bags. I think I have always been more of a bag than a shoe person. So I do tend to buy a bag every now and then and then wear it until a person can wear it no more. For autumn/winter I am actually looking for a darker colour like dark red or green or maybe even a black one. I would usually go for a tan colour, but my brown New Look bag is still serving me quite well still.



4. The Autumn Dress

Mid-length with a nice pattern to pair with a chunky sweater or a leather jacket is all I am thinking about these days. I would again going to go for the brown/red colours. Just something about the colours of the trees once the Sun doesn't show its face that often any more.

5. The Booties

Not quite full on boots for winter and not quite open sandals. The bootie is the perfect shoe for autumn. They can be flat or with a nice small heel or you can go full on with a high heel if your feet will have it. I'm thinking of a small heel as I will be pushing a pushchair around most of the times and this means I need to be comfortable. I will also be spending a bit more money on these this year as I need them to last through the walks and rain (England...it really is very rainy)

6. The Jean

I have always been a big fan of a classic blue colour. You know the lighter one that you see on the pictures of your mom from the 90's :D  For a more sophisticated look I would always opt for the darker colours, but I am keeping it casual for this post. Miss60 jeans fit me so well and with some luck you can find a great pair from TKmax for silly 30 pounds :) It's worth the look, because paying over 100 pounds on jeans seems a bit silly when there is a constant threat of throw-up ending on them :D

7. The Fancy Dress

Every year in September I go on a lookout for a perfect dress because it is my Birthday at the end of the month. And this year I am actually lucky, because there are some great ones to choose from in so many different stores. The thing with my birthday this year is though, that it will be too soon after the birth, so I can't be sure that I will be in my pre-pregnancy weight/size/shape. So I am going to opt for a fitted one that won't be showing my shape wear underneath it :D This is the one day I don't mind being in the centre of attention so I'll go for a nice colour. I'm thinking emerald green with some golden accessories and shoes :) Or go all crazy with pink or blue.



8. The Main Accessory

I have been looking for a nice brown leather band watch for a long time now. I think it will just look a bit more casual with the style I'm planning to go for during the colder months. Again I don't want to spend a lot of money on it, because If I get sick on it and it stops working I won't be happy :D But these are some of the ones I've found and really liked. So I just need to decide on one....or two...maximum 3 I promise.



I hope you all enjoyed my picks for autumn/winter. Stay tuned :)







No comments:

Post a Comment