Sunday 30 November 2014

Weekly Eats



Good Evening, Everyone :)
I have been mighty good at taking pictures of what I've been eating lately, so I figured I'll share a few of them with you as well.



This was my first attempt at poaching eggs. And they turned out amazing. Apparently the trick is to get the water simmering not boiling and then dropping the eggs in there for 3 minutes. It worked for me :) So I guess I have to say thank you to Jamie Oliver for that lesson. I'm eating my eggs with a plain bagel, smoked bacon and hollandaise sauce.


Stir fry noodles with salmon. Loads of veggies and some great fish make up for the ''notsohealthy'' noodles :D


Battered fish and feta cheese salad. This was my quick meal. It was the week when D was away and I'd ran out of pretty much everything :D I found the fish at the back of the freezer and used up all the leftover vegetables and piece of feta cheese for the salad. The dressing is a very unhealthy Pizza Express House salad dressing.


More Fish. Salmon with pesto and a crunchy leaf salad with mangetout and oven roasted potato wedges. I really like the combination of hot and cold foods in a salad...D found it weird though


Chicken Fajita night with homemade quacamole. To be honest the quacamole is just a mashed up avocado with a bit of salt and pepper, so nothing fancy :D Chicken is stir fried with onions and peppers with a bit of sweet chilli cooking sauce.


A bit random, but this is a whole chicken in a bag. I just wanted to add this here because I went to get chicken fillets but instead got this....because...4 small fillets cost exactly the same as this MASSIVE whole chicken. We had it with corn and potato wedges and coleslaw :)


Sunday Roast in one of my favourite Italian places ''Piccolino'' I like how it's not as stodgy as the usual pub roast. And the meat was cooked to perfection.

Hope you enjoyed the post :)
Stay tuned
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment