Thursday 2 April 2015

Recent Beauty Favorites

Hello, Everyone.
I have recently come across some really good beauty products, that I can just see myself using time after time, day after day. So I thought why not start the month with some favorites. It's usually an end of the month thing to do, but since I haven't done a monthly favourites post in such a long time I figured it doesn't even matter when I do it :D So here are my recent beauty favorites. Bear in mind that all these products are completely affordable and I purchased them myself apart from the L'oreal liquid bronzer that was kindly sent to me by L'oreal team to try out :)I'll go from first to last but not from most favourite to least :)
The first thing is something I never thought I can find. Perfect false eye lashes. If you have been following me for a while on here and maybe on Instagram, you might have noticed a post of a pile of false eye lashes I was meant to try out. But I haven't really had an occasion. But at the end of last month me and D had a chance to have a date night after a very very long time, so I figured I'll go all out. I decided on these Eye Candy 50's 012 style lashes and I'm so impressed. First I'm not a big fan of lashes that actually look fake and these definitely do not. They look so natural, but add a whole lot of volume and thickness and length. So off to falseeyelashes.co.uk I went again and ordered a butt load of them just in case :D they are only 2.49 or 2.99 (can't remember exactly) and they come with next day delivery that you don't have to pay extra for :) and of course with the spring sales there is a discount code to get 20% off when you spend 25 pounds :)  Just use the code EASTER2015 :)
The one thing I will say, is that it's quite hard to get them off the pack :D But that might be because they had been in that pack for a really long time. And the Katy Perry color pop lashes for Eyelure are pretty good as well, but defo for a more intense look :)
Second favorite is the Maybelline Dream Flawless Nude Fluid-touch Foundation. I bought this in a wrong colour hoping I had actually gained some colour. But I hadn't :D still ivory or whatever colour is in the beginning of the row :D So I went and got a correct colour for my current skin tone 10 IVORY. The thing with this foundation is that it's so blendable and stays on the skin like a sheer layer of silk. AMAZING. So impressed with this and it's just the perfect foundation for everyday use. I used this on my Purple Make Up Post as a base and it definitely photographs well with flash as well :)
Another favorite from Maybelline are their ColourSensational lipsticks. I like how they are really velvety and yet quite long stay. And the colours are beautiful. I have yet to buy their new line for the same product, but definitely will. If you have tried it let me know if it's worth buying :) Or do you have a lipstick favorite of your own? The dark one is color 365 Plum Passion and nude color is 710 Sultry Sand. And check me out for getting a nude colour as I have been on a bit of a purple haze lately :D
Look how nicely the plum colour sticks into my arm hair :S :D

L'oreal Glam Bronze Eau De Soleil....weightless fresh bronzer natural healthy tan
When this came through the mailbox I was super exited to try it. It says on the bottle that you can use it to bronze and contour and it's absolutely perfect for both. It has the same liquidy consistency as the maybelline foundation, so it's super easy to blend into your skin or foundation. I've mainly used it to contour at the moment and it just works. Definitely a product worth stocking up on. I might ACTUALLY stock up on it because I'm so scared it will be a seasonal product :D Another thing I'm going to say is that in the recent craze of contouring this is probably the only product you need. rather than buying 7 countouring kits that cost from 10-50 pounds, You just use your usual foundation and this liquid bronzer. So thumbs up for this one :)
I have been liking single eye shadows lately. I just found that I pay lots of money for a cool palette and then only use 3 colors from it. So I have been buying single ones instead and these 3 are MY FAVORITES. L'oreal Nude cream single eye shadows in colour nude204 which is the darker one and nude206 that is the lightest of them all.
I have been using Maybelline Color Burst in colour Bronze on Bronze as a base for so long and I do find it needs a coat of powder shadow on top, escpecially when you are using an eye liner as well, because it doesn't let the liner to dry and it will end up in the crease of you lid. But these nude creamy shadows are in between powder and cream and their staying power is so good you don't need a primer or a setting spray or any powder shadow on top for them to stay on for the day without creasing.....AND the liner stays on perfectly :)
And the coppery Maybelline colorshow eyeshadow in 23 Copper Fizz...see the name matches the color :D I like this color a lot...I like it a lot. Same thing as with the L'oreal shadows...creamy but powdery..I don't know.
Another one is not really a beauty, but rather a skin care favorite and it's a bit hard to buy these ones as the brand is only sold in Poland...I think :D and I haven't actually even tried them yet, but I just know I will love them as my friend highly highly recommended these. I got a few testers from her to try out and I will giving her my order once she goes to Poland to get me a bucket load of the products :D And apparently all the products are SUPER CHEAP as in a pound for a wash or a mask or a cream....I mean...come on...I'm getting loads :D
I don't actually even know what these packets do as I speak no Polish :(

And lastly it's the least expensive thing on my list of favorites. This £1 MUA blusher in color Marshmallow.  It's such a nice berry pink color and it's perfect for spring tiiiime. I like this one. I also got 5 different colours from MUA blusher range, just because they are 1 POUNDS each :D but this color is definitely my favourite. So go get it :) hahaha I'm just kidding, but I'm not as well.

And this is it for the beauty favorites at the moment. I'm still on the quest to find a really good affordable highlighter, so if you have one you have found and love, please let me know. Otherwise I will have to succumb to a splurge buy and get the Charlotte Tilbury one :S :D 

Hope you enjoyed the post guys :)
Stay tuned as I will be posting a recap of the Easter Sunday :) After easter. And if I'll be really good there will be a post before that :)
xoxo
Meril

No comments:

Post a Comment