Sunday 12 April 2015

50's Inspired Make Up Look

Hello, Everyone :)

I woke up today and was like I feel like I need to be in a 50's movie :D I felt like wearing a house dress and walk around in fluffy slippers sipping some bubbly. Obviously I have a baby to take care of so staring drinking in the morning is not really something I can do :D But I though I'll take the middle way and spend some time doing my make up and hair. I'm in no way or form a professional make up artist and I can only do what I can do :D So be nice people, and if you think this is really bad, then maybe knowing I stayed at home and saw absolutely no one, hopefully makes it a bit better :D
I decided to go for the peachy look :) The weather is absolutely horrendous so why not go all peachy...raiiiight? :) I used the most least expensive make up and the results are pretty 
amazing if you ask me. I'm particularly impressed by the MakeupRevolution matte lipstick in color Bliss. I think this will be my summer lipstick and it only costs £1 :o Like whaaat?
I will also say that it's not really a detailed make up look. It's super simple anyway( I will explain below) and I did edit the pictured the way I did on purpose. It's meant to be a fun post :) Hope you enjoy :)


With this picture, I didn't blur the photo, it just didnt turn out quite the quality it was meant. But I think the blurriness just adds to the whole effect :)



I have MUA blush in shade 1 on my lids :) And cheecks actually. I only added a bit of golden shadow to the tearduct and just in the arch of the eyebrow :)



I also tried out a new contouring routine, which I absolutely love. My nose is huge, so I love that you can just make it look slimmer with make up. Also my cheekbones are not really as out there as I would like, so contouring all the way from my ear to the corner of my lip and then highlighting works wonders :) You might not be able to see just because of the filter on the picture, so if you would like to see a detailed post about my new contouring routine, let me know :)


These are the super non-expensive products I used to get the main peachy look :)

MUA Blusher  - Shade 1  on the picture this shade looks pink, but it's actually a peachy orange colour 
MUA Intense Kisses High Intensity Gloss - Color Quick Smooch
Makeup Revolution Amazing lipstick - shade Bliss
Zoeva Luxe Soft Definer brush  - 227  My brush was part of the rose gold set of brushes which is why the link can't link to the exact brush. 
And I used the silver angle shadow brush to do a really subtle flick with a black shadow. I think it's th Backstage range brush from crownbrush.com But I'm not too sure. You can use any angled brush with a bit tougher bristles :)

If you would like any more details about this look, leave a comment below and I will be sure to answer as best as I can.

Hope you enjoyed the post. I'll try to do an outfit post next and before Oscars 8 Month Update post...but we shall see how good I will be :D
Stay tuned :)
If you think anyone else will enjoy reading my blog, why don't you share on social media :)
xoxo
Meril

No comments:

Post a Comment