Thursday 9 April 2015

Bedroom Tour

Hello, Everyone :)

As promised, I will share the progress I have made in our bedroom. Now that we have moved Oscar into his own room, our bedroom has become a grown up place, where I can have only my things...oh wait...having a child means that there are toys and stuff everywhere :D I do try to keep it quite baby free, but there are bits and bobs here and there, because O still has his share of the bedroom every now and then. For example after his bath I put his creams and diapers on on our bed (usually D does it :D). Also, Wolfie the dog lives in our bedroom. He was a gift to me from D, but it's become one of Oscars favourite toys after the bath, so he lives on our bed now :)
I'll go through everything along side with pictures :)

This a bed I bought years ago, but since the old flat we lived in had a bed in it already we didn't get a chance to build it up again until now. I'm not actually a big fan of the bed in the room, as it's quite low and our ceilings are quite high...anyway...it's a white leather bed and it fits the other furniture, so it will stay for a bit :D The bedside table lamps are different because we now use D's in the hallway. Only because the one we initially bought for the hallway ended up not being touch base, and is too bright.

I moved the chest of drawers to the other wall now. I had intended it this way in the beginning when we moved in, but because Oscars co-sleeper was attached to my side of the bed, it would've blocked the drawers. And I was planning to throw aways D's stupid humidifier, but it might actually become useful for Oscar in the summer ;)

On the drawers we have a few pictures (the white one with the baby photos in it, actually needs pictures of O in there rather than the random baby :D)

I keep my jewellery I don't use every day in my old make up drawers. I put everything in there when we where moving, but I really like the way the jewellery looks in the clear see through drawers, so I kept it. And it's propped on top of some random Vogue magazines :D And on top of it is a tube of Oscars teething gel :D and some cases of more expensive jewellery. In the Ted Baker bag I have my hair bands and bobby pins, because I keep losing them I need to have a bag full just for emergencies.

Because I now have jewellery in my make up drawers I use the top drawer of the chest of drawers for my make up and other bits and bobs.

So the inital plan was to get a massive wardrobe, but since we are renting, but planning to get a house of our own in about two years, it made no sense to get something so costly to fit our current place. Firstly it might not suit the bedroom in the future house and secondly it would be a mare to move :D So we decided on some rather inexpensive rails instead :) I actually really like open wardrobes anyway. I just think you wear more of your clothes if you can see them. Slightly upset about Dans side of the wardrobe though, because he has no organisation skills :D I might sort it out once he is away this weekend :D

Most of the shoes I wear every day I keep in the hallway dowstairs. These shelves are just for heels and seasonal shoes...like flip flops and these little pumps I should really move down now that the summer is coming :)

And this is it for the Bedroom Tour
Hope you enjoyed it :) And as always...
Stay Tuned :) I might do a pastel spring make up look post next
xoxo
Meril

1 comment:

  1. Looooool..classic Meril!!! Random folks in the photoframes teeeheeeee :D

    ReplyDelete