Monday 27 April 2015

e.l.f. Haul and mini reviews

Hello, Everyone :)
If you are following me on Instagram, and if you are not then head over to my Instagram account and please do so NOW :D, you will have noticed I got a bunch of e.l.f. products recently. And I thought I will do a review on them and share my favorites with you guys :)

These are all the things I got :) They were all on sale either 2 pounds or under, because they were having the site closing down sale. SO bargains all around. And also the reason why I went a bit crazy and got so many. The whole lot cost me about 30 pounds :o
I will be honest and say I have not tried all of them out on my face just yet. There are a lot of things to try out and there isn't enough hours in a day in my life at the moment to try them all out. Also I got a lot of darker shades of foundation products for summer months, which means they do not fit my skintone just yet. But I have used quite a few of them already, because I just couldn't wait.
Also the annoying thing is that their UK website, where I ordered all my thing is now closed :( so you will have to either get them delivered by international delivery from their USA site or get them on Amazon :) Or find them in the shop. The thing with finding them on the shop is that they might not actually be available any more or they might be sold out :( But there I am still going to tell you all about my fabulous e.l.f products :)
I will also say that the original website has SOOOO many more producst to choose from than the UK one had, so it's probably a good thing you have to now go there and explore.

But here are the products I will talk about. Look at them, they are sooo pweeety :) :D


I will start with the blushes.
I saw this video on youtube with this purple colour NARS blush. And I'm so sorry, but I can't get myself to buying a 20 pound blush :( even though I would really like to :D
So when I saw this 1.50 HD blush in this amazing dark purple colour called ''showstopper'' I had to get it. It's a cream blush and it's so pigmented, that when I got it and tried it out on my hand it took me a day to get it off :D It looked like I was badly bruised. But on the cheeks....OH MY...it's beautiful. Escpecially with tanned skin, this is the perfect shade. And you need like half of half a drop of this...even less probably. I also realllllly realllly like the packaging. It's a pump jar and it just looks super cool and it's easy to dispense. I also got another colour called ''Diva'' which is a cool fuchsia pink. But I love the purple one :) The pink one is a lot creamier and the purple one is a bit more tense and powdery. But the colour payoff from both of these is amaaaasing ;)


Then there are these cream blushes. I will be honest and say that I have never actually tried cream blushes before (ashamed). And I will tell you to go and get one right now. Cream blushes are the thing. I use my real techniques duo fibre brush to apply these and the result is so pretty and flushed. I got the three colors that were still available and I'm loving the hot pink one in the shade of ''Heartbreaker''. I also got a more taupe/brown one in ''Temptress'' and a more earthy pink shade ''Tease''

I don't think this picture does any justice to the colours. They are a lot nicer in real life.

This is the blush I got because I was hoping the same kind of colour as the HD purple one but in a powder form. It's not really the colour I got though. It's their mineral blush in the shade of ''plum'', but I think it's more like a shade of brown poo :D....Not too happy about this one right here, but not completely disappointed either. Maybe I will grow to love it.

I had to baby wipe the table, because that silly hd purple blush went EVERYWHERE :D

Continuing with the mineral powder range. I got 3 shades of their mineral foundation. All of them, which are too dark for me at the moment. But the darkest one I tried as a contour and loooooved. This is the shade ''deep'' and it is so blendable, which you would expect from a foundation, but it's so good for contouring. Because it is such a dark colour it is perfect for shading. And because it's so blendable there are no harsh lines. LOVE this one. And I'm so glad I went for it even though it's not my shade. And this just shows that the product is so versatile. I think I could even get away with using it as a shaded liner with a damp brush :) we will see.

I forgot to take a picture there ... whooops :D

Then I got some single eyeshadows. I have told you how I really like the single pots, as I don't really ever use all the colours from palettes, which is a waste. So I got 2 pigment eyeshadows in colour ''I have no idea ;D the name was on the box and I threw the boxes away :D'' But they do have serial nr' thingys on them...so the purple shade is #d28 and the green one is #d30. They came in these tiny, awsome, cool little pots with a brush (which I will probably never use as it's too short) and the colours are just perfect for my green eyes :) love these two. And then I also got a matte eyeshadow pot in the shade nr #d21 . I have not tried this one out on my lids yet. but the colour is sooo pretty :)

The pigment eye shadows have a really pretty sheen and none of that tacky glitter :) I like them a lot.

And another product I wanted to talk about that I got was the conditioning lip balm in ''peaceful pink''
This has been in my bag since the day I receiver it. It's so pretty pink and it does leave my lips super nice and soft. And it's that perfect earthy pink tone that is very subtle for every day use. The only thing I don't like about it is the smell :S It smells like L'oreal rouge edition lipsticks :D And I really hate that smell. It just reminds me of the smell that old lipsticks have...you know the ones you played with at your grandmas when you were little. But it's not too bad, because you can't smell it once it's already applied.
Forgot the picture...what is wrong with me :D :D ?? It's on the try out lot picture so I even had it right there, but no...no picture :D

I did get a few more things that you can probably see on the top picture but these few were my favourites from the bunch. I got a few more lip products and some glow bronzer and a few more darker foundation and concealer items. But all in all e.l.f. has not disappointed me at all. And the one thing I kind of forgot to mention is that the packaging of all these products is so amazing. They look super. That is all I'm going to say...SUPER :D

Hope you enjoyed the post and stay tuned :)
I'm going to do an April Favourites post, just because I have found so many products this month that I can't wait to share. 
And as always send your post requests and ask the questions or just leave a comment :)
xoxo
Meril




2 comments:

  1. Hei! Su aadress merilmoldri.com ei tööta enam.. whitecripsshirt siiski toimib veel.. Just in case ütlen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oi :( ait2h, et ytlesid. Proovin selle korda ajada :)

      Delete