Monday 1 June 2015

May Favourites

Hello, Everyone :)
It's that time of the month again :/ not that...the time of the month where one month has ended and the other one is starting. So I decided to do a monthly favourites post, because I found some favourites last month :D As you do. I am also thinking of doing a post about what's new in the drugstore department. SO if you would like to read a post about my finds and little reviews before you go on a shopping spree, let me know :) Or if you have another suggestion on what you would like to read about on my bloggy blog .... leave a comment, write me a letter, send me an email...you get the deal :D 
These are all the products I have been loving. Some of these are actually old products I've rediscovered :) But I shall go through all of them separately :)
1. I will start with my absolute favourite. The Simple Clear Skin oil balancing cleansing wipes - Zinc PCA goodness for healthy skin. These are something I just picked up for those days where you can't be bothered with the whole routine and just need to wipe the day away splash some water in your face and go to sleep :D BUT they are so amazing I now use them every day. I don't know why they are different from the wipes I've used before. They are definitely more thick and also a lot softer. They remove make up brilliantly and leave my skin super soft. Highly recommend these if you like using wipes to take off make up or to just clean your face. I also use them in the morning after I've washed my face. They do say that they are oil balancing and I do tend to get a bit oily sometimes in the t-zone, so they are awesome to start the day and moisturising enough for me to not need to use cream...which I still do sometimes.
2.Garnier Skin Naturals Moisture Restore + Night care cream. This is by far the best night cream I have used recently. I got it from Superdrug when they had an offer on for less than half price on some of the skincare products and only payed under  3 pounds for this. Best 3 pounds I've spent on a cream :D It has a really silky yet gel like consistency and at first it looks like it's going to stay on the skin rather than absorb, but it does. And then you wake up with super moisturised yet silky not oily skin and I swear it works on those blemishes as well. Also after starting to use the cream I have noticed that my forehead has a lot less visible lines and wrinkles :)
3.Weleda Skin Food for dry and rough skin. This was a Christmas gift and I hadn't even used it until last month. Mostly because I just don't use moisturisers...because I'm lazy. Honestly the most cream my skin gets is when it's summer time and I have to use sun protection :D But I started noticing some dry skin on my elbows and also on the top of my legs so I figured I'll try it out. And I love it. The only thing I don't like about this cream is the smell. It has a really weird creamy smell....like you know...it smells like cream :D But since I don't use it as an all body moisturised it doesn't really bother me. Other than that it's AWSOME. I have also tried it on my heels as they get a bit dry, and it works.
4.L'oreal Paris Infallible Mega Gloss in 302 Hot for Hawaii. I am not really a big fan of glosses  that are all gloss and no colour. But this gloss, that only leaves a slight pink shine and a lot of watery gloss smell like watermelon and reminds me of this Bodyshop lip balm I use to use all the time. And for that reason, the reason that it brings back good memories, it is my favourite. Also I quite like that the gloss is not actually sticky and I can just add it on top of any lipstick and it leaves a beautiful shine :)
5. Barry M nail paint in 303 Bright Purple and Revlon nail enamel in 050 White on White. I had time to do my nails the other day in like a very very long time :D And these colors just came right at me from my box of varnishes. I love the dark purple and I love the contrast between the dark and the white. I didn't do anything crazy like 1 after the other. I just went for purple on my nails and white on the toes. But I do love love the colours. The only downside of the Barry M nail varnishes is hat you have to put on 3 layers and it does come off pretty fast.
6.Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge . This is a dupe for the famous beautyblender, but it's only 5 pounds :S There are some differences between the two obviously, but I'm not a professional so I really don't care about the small stuff. And this little sponge works very well for me. I know Real Techniques have featured in quite a few of my posts lately, but the only reason is that they are so amazing.

And then I have 2 beautiful necklaces. One of them is actually a set of 2. The Forever 21 set of 2 beautiful necklaces. One of them has a moon and the other one is just like a stick :D And since one of them is shorter than the other you can layer them. Only wear one or both. And it's really simple and pretty.
The fang is a super old buy from H&M, but it's that kind of statement necklace. I like how the chain has aged in time and is now a really cool coppery colour :D

And this is all for my monthly favourites. Hope you enjoyed the post. Maybe you found some favourites we have in common. Let me know if you have any suggestions in any department, let it be beauty, fashion, food, baby. I would love to hear them all. And then try them out for myself as well :)
Stay tuned
xoxo
Meril

No comments:

Post a Comment