Friday 12 June 2015

CLOSET CLEAROUT

Hello, Everyone :) Yesterday I received my Louise Roe book called Front Roe and there was a chapter about closet organisation. So I had a look at my rails and thought....WHY DO I NEED ALL THESE CLOTHES. She was completely right about women only using 15% of their wardrobe. I know all my clothes are right in front of me all the time, but I still don't use most of them. So I figured I will clear out my rails and only have things I actually love and use daily on them with a few added extra pieces for those ''more special'' moments and days.
This is what the rails looked before I went on a mad clearing out spree. I had organised it already into categories when I got the rails. So I have my sweaters, blouses, skirts, dresses and things all together in their own space, but there are just too many of them. I've gone more colour coordinated this time round.

This is what was left :O It is slightly scary, but I love the new cleaner and more organised look of the rails. I can definitely see myself using more of the things on there now. (It got dark by the time I finished, so the lighting is different :( and I don't have lamps...like the photography lamps not normal lamps...I have those ;) :D)
What I still think about doing:
I need to get a shelf in the middle of two rails for things that are just easier stored folded up. Like jeans, t-shirts, sweaters. I'm thinking the BILLY bookcase from Ikea.
I also ordered some clip hangers for skirts :)
What did I do with the rest of my clothes?
Seasonal clothes that I know I will wear again come Autumn/Winter time I stored in Oscars bedroom (he has a massive built in wardrobe that is half empty. It's where I keep the linens and towels and winter coats)
T-shirts and tops and jeans and about a 100 sweaters that have seen their days but are still actually ok to use I put in a charity bag. They put these bags through our postbox and even come to collect them. No hassle and they will go into good use.
Things that were just too used and beat I just threw away. I mean I had shirts with holes in them :S BUY WHYYYYY? I don't know :D 

And now there is more room for me to go shopping again :D
Just kidding...or am I...I mean there is room :D
Hope you enjoyed the post :)
Let me know if you've done a closet clearout recently? Are you loving it? Regretting it? I love hearing all the stories :)
Stay tuned by following ;)
xoxo
Meril

No comments:

Post a Comment