Friday 19 December 2014

Christmas Makeover Home Edition



Hello Everyone!


You know how I went on and on last month about how I love Christmas and made a whole list of things to get for the home to make it feel merry and bright?? Well I kind of succeeded and kind of didn't. Let's just say it is Christmas in the living room...but that is about it :D At least I did something right?! Anyway, I'll show you what I've done :)

The tree. We got a fake pre lit  one from Argos for 50 pounds, it was discounted from 80 though :) so it's a good deal. It's a 6ft tree and we also got another set of lights for it.

You would be amazed at how hard it was to find the baubles for the tree in December. Marks and Spencer was super expensive with 10 balls for 25 pounds :S we did get some chocolate filled golden balls though :D  I finally found some real ones in House of Fraser and they had a half price sale on. So I got 4 packs for about 25 pounds :) and they seemed to do the trick. It does annoy me a bit that all the decorations are round :D but that is just my ocd kicking in. Other than that I think the tree looks awesome :)








This wreath is from a street vendor :) and it was 5 pounds :) Candles I got from Tesco.



Letters from Matalan, and the vase with the candle in is an old buy??? It might have actually come with some flowers D sent me. And our first Christmas card, that came through the post :)


Here are some flowers D sent me :D They are Christmassy and nice :) I don't think they will last til Christmas though :D


And that is it. This is all I've done for Christmas :D A good effort though, especially because we spend most of our time in the living room anyway :)

I also did all my Christmas present shopping yesterday...online. It's way too windy outside to go there, I'm not even going to open the door/window. And also, it's so much easier to shop online with a baby :D and it all got delivered today, so I wrapped them :D and now it looks like Christmas under the tree as well...I didn't spend an extreme amount of money...like I've mentioned, it really shouldn't be about present, but it's nice to have one present for D just to be like ''Merry Christmas'' :S :D I celebrate Christmas on the 24th though, which thought to be the Christmas Eve in this country...and 25th is really a leftover day :D So on the 24th I am making an Estonian Christmas dinner and on the 25th we are going to D's parents house and celebrate Christmas there, unless I can get out of it :D I really don't think I can do 2 maaahiiiisive meals in a row....we shall see. I think it might be slightly rude not to go :D
And the first Christmas card arrived through the post :) From Kadi and Mario :) I got way too exited about it because I never get any mail :D It's on the picture with NOEL letters.
I also did my Estonian feast food shop yesterday. In our family the meat is pork rather than turkey and in all fairness...I think turkey is quite boring anyway. So I'm making roasted pork and potatoes and gravy and sour kraut, which is a sour cabbage thingy :) I love it. And of course I am making potato salad and some devilled eggs and that's about it I think. We never really have dessert except chocolate, so I'm going to stick to the old tradition and not make anything...then again I might make some cinnamon rolls, just because they will smell amaaaazing and I will be able to take some of them to Ds parents on Thursday :)
Enough blabbering :D

Hope you enjoyed the post :)
Stay tuned
xoxo
Meril


No comments:

Post a Comment