Monday 15 December 2014

Berry Lips


Good Evening, Everyone!

Hope you have had a great time. Like I mentioned in one of my previous post, we have been busy looking for a house...and we finally found one :) I can't wait to move in next year and start making it our home. 
But this post is about the Christmas lipstick.
It features my old favourite Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick in colour 18 Violine strass, but I'm adding a bit of gloss just to give it some extra festive feeling.
I do my lipstick in a very strange way...don't get me wrong, I'm still applying it on my lips, but I have my old tried and tested method of doing it, and I'm going to share it with you.
I think Christmas is the time to give a darker lip a try if you're usually into your nudes and pinks.

These are the products I'm using. I'll link them below. I am not sure if I can find the Bourjois one though, as I bought it about a year ago, and I'm not sure if it was part of a limited edition collection...check below if I have found it.




I start by applying a bit of concealer all over my lip. I used the second colour from the top row, and my palette is in colour Light and then set it with a bit of powder. I'm sorry if I look evil :D more like Grinch than Christmas joy and happiness person :S...


I then apply the lipstick (Bourjois) all over my lip using the RealTechniques brush. I just think that a lipstick lasts longer and then if you are out and about, all you need to to is add a bit of gloss, if the whole look starts fading. Atleast you have got the outlines there for the gloss to go into, and hopefully you don't end up looking like The Joker. I must admit, that I am terrible at applying dark lipstick on the go and I will need a mirror to do any top ups :D
I am yet to try the long lasting lipsticks....maybe I'll find a few to try out in a little while :) Any recommendations? 
As you can see due to the concealer I applied before the colour is not as dark as it would be on a bare lip.

And then using the same brush I apply a bit of the Revlon Lip Butter all over my lips :)


I always finish off a dark lipstick with applying a light concealer all around the outline. I just think it makes the whole look cleaner and more refined...and I've seen other people do that as well.
And VOILA a Christmassy lipstick look? is ready :)


Yes...this picture just happened :D
All the products can be found in Boots except the Makeup Revolution Palette. They only sell this product in Superdrug :)

Hope you enjoyed the post :)
Stay tuned
xoxo

6 comments:

  1. Oooooohhhhhhwwwweeee..loooooove me some longstay lippys.
    Currently loving the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipstick - Hot pepper for that fiery red lip and Pink Pong for the sassy pink smackers:D. Fab consistency - very light texture but with brill colour payoff, can add the colour in layers for more of a POW!
    Used to swear by the Maybelline 24hr superstay one for the glam red lippy days and nights. The lippy doesn't come off on anything unless you have some proper greasy grub (oil based foods, products, make-up removers just break down the lippy structure). The texture of the Maybelline one is a lot heavier than the Bourjois one. Even though Maybelline stays on longer, unsmudged, I prefer the light texture and the shade of Bourjois wooop..it gets the job done all well and good:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will head down to Boots tomorrow and try the Bourjois lipstick right out :) I would like to get the lipstick off at the end of the day though so I might give the Maybelline 24hr Superstay a miss :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What to do if you have a really narrow lip? I always feel as though a dark lippy will create an illusion of an even narrower lip.... in case you don't apply it as the Joker would =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Draw a line just above your real lipline...check out Kyle Jenner. Don't go too far though as you still want it to look natural. I do the same, but with just my upper lip, as the bottom one is more fuller ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any oil based eye make-up remover gets these longstay ones right off;) OR you could use olive oil or any other oil you cook with *cough*coconu oil*cough* lol:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know me too well, Merit :D makes the mushrooms taste weird though, that coconut oil does :S :D

      Delete