Sunday 19 October 2014

Shopping With The Sister

Good Evening, Everyone :)

My sister came to visit us this week, which meant it was time for a serious shopping trip. I must say the weather has been incredibly horrible...it's rainy and it's cold and it's windy. Nevertheless we made our way to town for the second time today.
We've kind of tried to divide the days with different themes. Yesterday it was Beauty and today Fashion. So in order to not confuse myself and leave something important out I'll write this post about our amazing beauty buys and new finds and do an Outfit of the Day post about my fashion buys. I will also be telling you guys about where to find the bargains at the moment and which beauty stands are giving away the best gifts :)


To begin with, we went to Superdrug to have a look around the makeup counters and find some new beauty products.
I picked up these 4 Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadow pots. I know they are not quite new products so to speak, but they are new to me. I have heard amazing things about these little pots and I must say hey haven't disappointed me yet.
They had two different types...I went for the 3 classic shimmery colors and one leather effect color.


The colors from left to right are... 65 - Pink Gold (this is my favorite), 55 Immortal Charcoal, 36 On and on Bronze and the leather effect Vintage Plum 97

I also picked up this So Eco brush from TK Max. It's meant to be a shading brush, but it's quite stiff so it's perfect for the color tattoo shadows since they have a creamy consistency. I have found that applying them with my fingers is the best way to go :)


And then I also picked up this lip gloss from the Maybelline counter. I absolutely love the packaging. It's called Color Elixir lip lacquer and I chose the nr 105 Petal Plush tone :)
Loving it and using it daily. I might actually go back and get it in every single color there is because it's just so pretty :D


The last thing I bought was this Bourjois Paris Mega Liner. I tried it on my hand one day and just had to go back and buy it. It's actually 3 pounds off in Superdrug at the moment so it was only about a fiver :) It's just so easy to apply and it stays on for days (over exaggerating here :D). I don't use eye liner daily but when I go out every now and then I do like a little cat eye and it's so easy to get it right with this felt tip liner :)
The only thing I don't like about it is that when I put it on the color tattoo eye shadow the creaminess of the shadow doesn't let it dry completely so it ends up at the top of my lids and gets a bit smudgy. But on a regular powder shadow it doesn't happen so it's all good :)


And these are my latest little buys. I must say I really like all of the products and just feel that lately the high street products are worth buying over the premium beauty products :)

Here are some of the offers I've found in the beauty department :)

In Superdrug they have a Buy 1 Get 2nd 50% off on most products, the only thing is that you have to stay inside the brand. So you might end up buying more than you needed :D
And they have 50% off most skincare ranges at the moment.

In Boots there is Buy 3 for the price of 2 on all skincare products and you can mix and match between brands which is very useful :)

At the Premium Beauty department I must say if you're going premium do it before Christmas, because most of the brands are offering amazing gifts with 2 or more buys :)
Estee Lauder is giving away a whole beauty bag (in Boots and Debenhams, I'm not quite sure if House of Fraser does that offer) if you buy 2 products, one of which is skincare. And they have gift sets designed for Christmas presents :)
Same goes for YSL and Clinique (gift bag with 2 products)
And Lancome and Benefit will give you a free Mascara if you buy any 2 of their products.

The other thing I love about Christmas are all the beauty packs and gifts. It's escpecially good if you're thinking of trying out something new and don't want to buy a full size product in case it doesn't suit you. Most beauty stores do the gift packages and they usually cost less than the counter price.

Who said it has to be a gift for someone else ;) treat yourself :)

Stay tuned for the Outfit of The Day posts that feature 2 items from....wait for it...Primark. So you know it's going to be affordable :)

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment