Wednesday 8 October 2014

September Favourites 2014

Good morning, everyone :)
This post is about my September favourites. Beauty, fashion and food.

FOOD
I will start with food. Because it will be the smallest part of this post. Last month our favourite food was sea bass. D has started eating more fish, and sea bass is so easy and quick(we need quick meals because we have this little demanding man to take care of :D) to cook. Just pan fry it for a couple of minutes on each side (I like to fry the skin side more to get it crispy) and add a knob of pesto butter...voila...done...and delicious :) It is quite pricey though so we usually have it once a week. Also if we would have it more often we would get sick of it...probably :D


FASHION
My favourite fashion buy was this bag. It's from New Look but looks so much more expensive in my opinion (I paid £19.99 for it). I am loving the dark blue colours these days and the beads just add a little bit of something extra to it. I do still need a good shoulder bag, and I've been drooling over a Alexander Wang slouch bag :( But I must be sensible, so I'll be on the lookout for a high street substitute.



Another favourite fashion item is this kimono style flowery short sleeve jacket thingy :D I hope the weather will turn warm again like the weather man said (they are expecting an indian summer in England this October) and I will be able to wear it without having to put a jacket on it. 



I have also been wearing my River Island boots pretty much daily (picture here )

JEWELLERY
These earrings were actually gifts for my birthday. 
The bow diamante ones I got from my friends. I had mentioned to one of them that I have been on the lookout for a good bow earrings since I lost one from my previous pair and she'd remembered :) These are Ted Baker and I will definitely be wearing them a lot.


This second pair I will not be wearing a lot because I'll be too scared to lose them. These were a gift from D :) The green stone is actually Oscars birthstone, which makes them even more special. I think they are just so beautiful and classy, but I do have a history of losing earrings :D So I'll wear them on special occasions...guess it's useful they are insured :D 


It seems to be all about jewellery for September. I haven't done it on purpose though. But this ring set is my favourite ever since I bought it. I've mostly been using the gold ring with the turqoise stone, because it just matches everything I wear :D 



BEAUTY
I already mentioned the L'oreal Micellar water in my Recent Beauty Buys post, but I just have to mention it again on here. It really is the best product I've come across recently. And it's so inexpensive.

Another favourite is actually something I stole ( I actually said I liked it so she gave it to me :D) from my friend Jo :D And it's this Bourjour Paris lip gloss. I really like that it's only a gloss with a bit of colour. 
I have been wearing my purple lipstick all summer now, so I think it's time for a change. I also bought a coral lipstick just for those days when I need a little more pop.



These 3 nail varnish colours. I am loving the pastels at the moment. They are by MUA and were only 1 pound each :)


And these were my September Favourites for 2014 :)
What have been your favourites ??? Leave a comment below :)
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment