Monday 6 October 2014

Baby Update

I have been meaning to write this post for ages. It's just that being a mother kind of takes up a lot of my time. But I do want to share a few things now rather than with Oscars 2 month update post :)

This post will be about the things we have gotten him. Or shall I say gotten for ourselves that make life with him easier :)

There is this drying rack :) It looks like grass, and it's so useful to dry those bottles and teats. And there is a lot of them during the day. The one thing I like about it is that it just looks super cool :D It's by Baby Bloom and I got it from Amazon for under 20 pounds (I don't remember exactly how much it was)

Second thing is this Tommee Tippee travel bottle warmer. I use to work in a restaurant and the most annoying thing was when people would ask for hot water to warm up their babies food/milk. Not because it's a lot of effort...it's not, but there was never anything the right size to put the water in. So you're busy taking orders and taking out food, making drinks and now you have to go find a container for someones baby food...it was just a lot of hassle. SO I decided I am not going to be one of those people who will annoy the staff.
The bottle warmer is really just a plastic container and a thermos. So you out the hot water in the thermos before you leave the house and the plastic container is used to poor out the water and hold the milk bottle. It's just super easy. To be honest we haven't really been warming up the formula/infant milk anyway and have been giving him room temperature milk.
This is mostly when I have breast milk in the fridge and I don't have time to warm it to room temperature at home before I leave :)



Biona Organic Coconut oil. We have a big jar anyway for cooking, but bought a small one just for Oscar. I use it to moisturise his skin and it's great for those bedtime massages :) it's oily and makes it easier, but then it goes into his skin really fast :)

We have been using the Tommee Tippee bottles and they are still great, but D bought 2 of these MAM self sterilising bottles as well. And I really like them. I don't think O finds anything different, but it's just the cleaning process I like more. No need to find space in the sterilising box...they are just easier to handle. I really like the look of them as well. Another thing with these is that they should reduce colic because of the vent holes at the bottom.


I finally got the baby gym last week as well. I got it from Mothercare and it's Disney's Little Einstein sea life themed one. I do keep a fleece blanket under the mat as well though, because it doesn't seem that thick and soft especially because we have hardwood floors and no carpets what so ever in the whole flat. O seems to enjoy it. He is a big fan of the mirror :D Like mother like son I guess...


And lastly this is actually for me, but I guess you can say it benefits O as well. It's the Lansinoh HPA lanolin cream. I have been using it since week one and stopped using it for when I was only pumping, but now I am trying to stop using the nipple guards, which means I have to do the whole sore nipple thing all over again. I think it's much easier to deal with it this time around though, because I know what to expect. Anyway...this cream takes the pain away and I think actually heals the nipple much faster. I swap breasts, so each breast has 6 hours or so between feedings so in all reality it's not too bad :) I'm definitely not dreading feeding him now like I did in the first week.



And as probably most new first time mums, I have bought him a lot of new clothes :D I won't take pictures of all of them, because there is quite a lot of them, but we are still using the new baby size which is meant for babies up to 10.5lbs or 4.5 kg.

Hope you enjoyed this post :)
Stay tuned
xo

I have actually written a few posts, they are just waiting for the pictures. One of them is my Healthy Happy Life update, which I was meant to upload on Saturday....I'm sorry for the delay :(

No comments:

Post a Comment