Thursday 19 March 2015

Oscars Bedroom Update

Hello, Everyone :)
As promised, this is a post about the progress I've made in his little bedroom. I say little, it is actually the biggest bedroom in the house :D I just didn't want to put him in the box room that people tend to do with nurseries. There are two reasons for this. One is that D still needs a home office and the smallest bedroom is just the right size for him. And secondly the room has weird built in wardrobes which Oscar doesn't mind but I didn't want for our bedroom :D Selfish I know. But the room is nice and airy and also very light during the day :) The room is facing the road and pavement, but the house is quite far from it and also living in a quiet cul-de-sac it doesn't really matter :D

BEFORE


AFTER



I decided to go for quite a colourful theme. I'm not a big fan of all beige and natural for children as I think it's just a bit boring :D The furniture is white stained oak and I've gone for green, orange and blue accents. I'm also thinking of bringing the rug from the living room to this room, but I'll need to find a replacement first :)

The one thing I was quite excited about to be having in the room was the bookshelf and the arm chair. So now part of our bedtime routine will be reading a story. The bookshelf is just low enough for him to reach once he gets older :) and the armchair is nice wide, deep and cozy :) It will also be used for the night time feeds, unless I decide feeding him while he stays in his cot a better option.


Another big thing for me was storage. D likes to order everything in bulk, so we have months worth of wipes and diapers in the house at all times :D Having the different boxes is just a good way of storing them without the room looking cluttered. I'm thinking of labelling the boxes as well, just to make it even easier to find things :) I keep saying I need a label maker :D maybe it's best I didn't have one :D

I have put some boxes in the drawers just to make it more tidy and easier :) The one thing I don't quite like about the room is actually the dresser area. I had planned to hang a picture of his little newborn outfit above the chest of drawers. But the frame I ordered is WAAAAY too big, and it's dark grey, which really doesn't go at all with the whole room. So my plan is to get some ornaments for the dresser and some colorful picture frames that I can scatter above the dresser :)
I also need a new lampshade, but that's the least of my worries :D



I got the wallstickers from Amazon for 12 pounds. I think they go really well alongside with the oak furniture and colorful accents :) And I was expecting them to be quite small and not sticky enough, and I was completely wrong. They are perfectly large sized :D and they are sticky but still easily peeled and repositioned. I think the stickers make such a big difference to the whole room and look :)


All in all I think I've done pretty good :)
Oscar already loves sitting in the chair and eating books...yes eating :D I read he chews on the edges :D And he loves looking at the colorful stickers :)

All the furniture you see is from Ikea apart from the cot which I got from Mothercare and it's their Stretton range :)

Hope you enjoyed a little look in Oscars new bedroom :)
Stay tuned everyone, and thank you for reading :)
xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Aah, need kuumaƵhu pallid!!! Nii armas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need kleepsud on yks yle aja parim ost, ma arvan :D :)

    ReplyDelete