Monday 22 September 2014

Weekly Eats

Good Evening, Everyone :)
I mentioned in one of my previous posts that we will be doing a weekly menu to make deciding and food shopping a bit easier. And I figured I'll share our this weeks menu here since I'll be doing our weekly shop today. We've recently been using Ocado. We first tried it out, because we had a discount voucher for the first shop, but found their organic range really good. They also seem to have a lot more variety of different foods that you don't find in every supermarket.

Anyway...Here is our this weeks menu :)

Monday
Since the delivery won't come until tomorrow, we had to sort something out from what we ha left in the fridge/freezer. And since yesterday we had a healthy meal of seabass with greens and some rice I figured why not have a bit less healthy version of pasta bolognese tonight. I also managed to use up all the veg that was on the verge of going off (mushrooms, leeks, peppers)

Tuesday

Chicken Tuesday. This doesn't mean we will be having chicken every Tuesday :D Ocado does these chicken breasts, that are individually packed, which means they are easy to freeze and then defrost. I will be using the seasoning paper to cook and flavour them (no need for oil) and we shall be having a nice salad with avocado, tomatoes and mozzarella. Simple and easy but still healthy.

Wednesday

Fish Wednesday. Fishcakes with cous cous :)

Thursday

Beef Stirfry. We use to have chicken before, but I'm a big fan of bbq stir fry sauce which works really well with beef :)

Friday (My Birthday :D)

We will be going for dinner on the night (dinner time for us is 5/6 pm now, which is really eary compared to our pre-baby 8/9pm dinners :D) We won't be cooking at home.

Saturday

This is meant to be everything can happen Saturday, where we try out a funky new recipe, but we have guests coming over and then heading out, which means I'll make something that is easy to feed to a lot of people :D
I will be making my famous quiche (I'll add a recipe on a later date) and a fresh salad. I'll also be doing a funky bread, meat and cheese plate for snacks :)

Sunday

In England Sundays are roast days, but nor me or D are really fans of a big roast, so we will be having something else. And since we missed our anything can happen Saturday I figured, we can try something on Sunday. Haven't picked a recipe yet, so I'll be updating this one once we have decided.

I might add pictures of all the meals at the end of the week to this post and you can find it on the Food page :)

Stay tuned and hope you guys enjoy your week :)
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment