Saturday 20 September 2014

Healthy Happy Life

Happy Weekend, Everyone :)
You can finally sleep in and make pancakes for breakfast, have a shower and start thinking of what to wear out in the evening....oh wait...you had a child a month ago :D
SO you wake up at 4am and then again at 7 am and just for good measure at 8am :D You probably won't have a shower until tonight just before you change into your pj's and pancakes are substituted by toaster waffles :) It's all worth it though. Our Tassimo coffee machine is a godsend and Starbucks hazelnut syrup makes it all fancy and s*** :D
It has been a week since I decided I'll get back to the healthy/clean eating waggon and it's actually going great,
I'm not saying I've stopped eating chocolate all together. I think it's important to keep it in balance and have that treat every now and then...or in my case, every day :)
I don't believe in depriving myself from something to the point where all I can think about is stuff I can't have. It's all about balance though. If I have an ice cream or that piece of cake then it's not about thinking ''oh well, I've started now, so let's make it worth it'' You fall of the waggon, you get right back on it instead of continuing to ''treat'' yourself.

Back to my week though. It's been a bit of a roller coaster, because I have been getting up a lot earlier. D usually does the morning shifts, but now that I'm breastfeeding more often there is no point. So I wake up and have my warm water with lemon and then my coffee. That all happens around 6-7 am. I won't eat anything until about 12 though, because I don't feel hungry that early in the morning.
Around 3pm we usually go for a walk with Oscar and then I'll have lunch when I get back. It's been either a sandwich or some smoked mackerel and cottage cheese. I try to sit down to eat it but sometimes with O fussing it takes me about an hour to eat :D All about making compromises.
And then about 6/7 we have dinner. We're actually going to make a weekly dinner plan, just to make it easier to plan our meals, but we are leaving Saturday for trying out new recipes and things we haven't cooked before :) ''Anything can happen Saturday'' :D And of course there will be meals out and a few take aways :D
My snacks have been fruit and an occasional yogurt :)

All in all though, I have done pretty good. I've also started doing some crunches to help my stomach go back to it's former shape and size and I get my cardio from pushing the pushchair around for at least an hour every day :)
And so far I have lost half a kg which is great and considered a healthy weight loss for a week, so I'm on track. If I keep this pace up I should be back to my pre-pregnancy weight in a matter of weeks. And I've got a reason to be extra good this week, because it's my birthday on Friday.
D's sister will babysit for a few hours, so we will get a good few hours of baby free time to enjoy some drinks and grown up company :D

Have a great Weekend and Stay tuned :)
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment