Friday 12 September 2014

4 Weeks Postpartum Update

Here we are 4 weeks after giving birth. I have not lost any more weight now for two weeks. Thankfully, because of the breastfeeding, my hideous ways of eating have not made me gain any weight either. Still, I think, with some changes to my diet, I can easily lose those last few pounds :)
Like I mentioned in my previous post, that I'm getting back on the healthy and clean eating waggon. And I will do weekly updates on how it's going along with my postpartum updates. And then I will do separate monthly posts on Oscar and how he is getting on :)

Firstly I'll go through all things post birth.
The main thing that has happened during this week, that I think I have finally stopped bleeding. It happened once before at the 2 week mark though and then started again, so I can't be sure that this time it will be for real. We shall see.

Another thing is that I have kind of established a night time routine now and it seems to work for now. This means I am less tired during the day and less cranky at nights because I know what to expect for. I didn't think it will happen this soon after giving birth and especially because it's our first child and everything is so new. BUT I'm so glad we are finally figuring things out :)

A latest buy I've done just because I did give birth, is a shaping top. I got one from h&m and I should have known not to expect anything special from it since it is from the high street, but I thought it can't make things any worse. I know I don't really need it, but it does actually contain a bit of the muffin top situation I have still :D On the other hand it is really tight at the boob area as well as the waist, which is annoying because I don't think anyone will buy a shaping top to shape their boobs :D

I have been getting some daily exercise in the form of walking. Me and O take our little stroll pretty much every day and they have been getting longer and longer now that I'm feeling pretty good in myself. And since he really enjoys the walks as well, this is our quiet time, because he just falls asleep pretty much as soon as I start walking :)

And I think that is about it for the postpartum update :)
This is how I look at 4 weeks 


 Just a shot of my new tennis shoes :D

I didn't do belly shots, because I was wearing the shaping top anyway, so it wouldn't have given an accurate look. I will try to do one during the week though, but if not, then next week :)


For the new start at healthy living part of the post I'll just go through of what I ate today and how good I did...

So I started the day pretty early. Usually D takes Oscar to the living room at around 7 am and then works from there and I get to sleep until 10-11am, but today he had to go to the office, which meant I got the early morning shift all to myself :D
Since it was so early I completely forgot to have my warm water with lemon and went straight for the coffee. O was being a bit fussy all morning though and needed a lot of attention so I didn't get to have any breakfast until 11 and it was porridge with a spoonful on jam and a banana.
At 1pm, we went for an hour long walk, which is the exercise part of my day. Once I got back I had lunch. I had some cottage cheese and mackerel and then I felt like having something sweet ( I think this is when the withdrawal symptoms from not having any chocolate started to kick in :D) so I had an activia pear yogurt...and a piece of bloody stupid chocolate...I need to hide the chocolate :D
For dinner we had salmon and roasted peppers with some new potatoes and leek and mushroom sauce. I was actually quite proud of myself of how good everything turned out :)
And then I treated myself to a magnum ice cream...it's the first day and I've already failed at this whole no chocolate thing :D
On a good note though, I have been very good with snacking. I had slice of toast before my breakfast because there was a whole 5 hours between waking up and actually managing to have something substantial to eat, and then I had a nectarine and some grapes during the day :)
And I have had loads of water. I also bought some sweetener for my coffees, because even though I only have one regular coffee a day I do like the taste of coffee so I have a few decaf coffees as well during the day.

And that is about it I think :) Let's see what the week brings
Stay tuned
xo






No comments:

Post a Comment