Thursday 19 November 2015

My 5 All Time Favourite Lipsticks

Hello, Everyone :) If you are expecting to see Charlotte Tilbury and Nars here then move along :D I honestly can't get myself to pay £25 pounds on a lipstick I will not even finish....And also I'm a stay at home mother :D sometimes I even find £8 pounds for a lipstick a bit too much.
I'm not a cheapskate by any means, but now that I have a child and no job...I pick my battles, when it comes to shopping for MORE make up. And I just think that drugstore make up is amazing these days. So why pay more when you can pay less...you know what I mean
But here are my super affordable all time favourite lipsticks. Enjoy

1. I think I have spoken about this for years....it feels like it at least. It's the Bourjois Rouge Edition Lipstick in the shade Violin Strass 18
I wear it at summer, I wear it at winter, in the morning and evening...you get the deal. The formula of this lipstick is so buttery, the colour is so pigmented and it stays on for a really long time....unless you have a messy buger...but girl, you can't have it all now can you? You should, but you can't. I just like that it's not too dark and it's not too pink...even though it does look a bit pinkish on the picture.
I could just go and have the rest of the 4 favourites of this same lipstick in different shades...but I'm not going to. Because that wouldn't be fair to the other brands, which are almost equally as awsome.
What I will say though is that I will do a brand review on the Bourjois brand, so I will give you little reviews and swatches of their shadows and powders etc, so stay tuned for that one :)

2. MOVING ON. Second favourite, I never thought I would say this about a L'oreal lipstick, because I have hated every single one I've owned, still own...I'm a horder...can't throw make up away. But my second favourite lipstick is the L'oreal Paris Color Riche 134 Rose Royale. It still SMELLS like all the L'oreal lipsticks...like dusty rose/old grandma/mould lipstick, but I don't care, because it's so pretty :) It's a really nice bright pink colour. And I find it really goes with my new lighter hair colour as well. It's really creamy and it stays on well.



3. The cheap one. Make Up Revolution (this is a brand that has just recently launched in US as well, so it is available in drugstores there) £1 lipstick is really something you don't think is going to work or do anything a lipstick should, but it's amazing. The colour I love is called Bliss and it's a matte peachy colour. Love it, use it all the time and I think orange colours work really well with all skin colours and all hair colours so all in all it's a sure thing winner.

4. Manhattan ''Colour Care'' Soft Rouge Lipstick in 410 Soft Coral. Manhattan is a brand that is owned by the same company as Rimmel. And I know Manhattan is not sold in UK ( I got mine in Estonia) but there will be a dupe/same products...different packaging for this product in the Rimmel section..I have't found it. Ok, ok, guys, I haven't even looked :D But it does also remind me of Revlon Butter lipsticks, so you know. There are similiar products out there :) But this is my go to cold weather lippy. It's just nice and buttery and soft and nourishing? It's very good, you guys, very good :)


5. Ok, confession time. This is not a lipstick :D It's a lipgloss, but I just felt it needs to be mentioned over here. It's my go to everyday nude lipgloss that I can't get enough of. It's the E.l.f mineral lipgloss in nude :D And I do wear it pretty much every day at home or running errands. It's not the kind of dusty frosty nude, but rather a noughaty nude :) so it's more brown than beige and that's how I like my nudes ;);) ... never mind :D





Hope you enjoyed the thorough lipstick post today :) 
Stay tuned
xoxo
Meril

No comments:

Post a Comment