Friday 18 December 2015

Weekend Away

Hello, Everyone :)
Like I mentioned in the packing post it wasn't really a weekend, but rather a beginning of the week break. And for D it wasn't really a break at all. He had work in and around London on Monday and Tuesday so me and Oscar decided to go with him to the South East and have a look around there while D works away :) We decided to get a hotel near Windsor as I have already been there in the Summer so it wouldn't have been completely new to me. But we did stay in the countryside rather than in the town. And it was lovely :)
We drove down on Sunday afternoon and came back Tuesday evening... but here is what me and Oscar got up to in the meantime :)
The first night we didn't really do much. We went to a nearby pub for some Sunday dinner and then had a coffee in the hotel lounge.
The second day D had to go to London, so we all drove to Windsor in the morning, where D got a train and me and Oscar had a lovely day shopping and having lunch. I love how small towns have small awesome shopping streets, with lots of little shops, where you can spend hours just browsing and not even buying anything :D I did buy Oscar some new shoes though, as he is slowly but surely growing out of his Nike Jordans. He is 16 months old now and wearing size 5 shoes :D I think it's crazy :D
Around 2 PM it was time for Oscars nap, so instead of getting a taxi back to the hotel I figured a nice hour and a half walk down the ''Long walk'' would be the right thing to do. It's a pretty much straight road from the Windsor Castle all the way to the little town we were staying in :)
All I'm going to say that once Oscar actually fell asleep an hour after getting on this walk I was so tired I couldn't wait to get back to the hotel :D
He already had doubts about this walk before we started :D I should've listened to his face :D I didn't
On Tuesday we drove to Guildford, where D went to a meeting and I had to explore a completely new town all by myself with Oscar...IN THE RAIN :D
The day wasn't all that great. We ended up spending most of it in the shopping centre, where Oscar was playing in the play area. He had fun, but at the end of it all I was so freaking tired all I wanted to do was get home and sleep in my own bed.

All in all though it was really nice to get away for a few days and get away from the routine and now it's full on preparation time for Christmas :)
So as always 
Stay tuned
xoxo
Meril

No comments:

Post a Comment