Tuesday 12 May 2015

Latest Eats

Hello, Everyone :) I have not done a foody post in a very long time so I figured why not. But I must warn you ... I had to save the latest food pictures into a random folder rather than the food one on my computer, because I was too scared I won't be able to spot my latest ones from the old :D Because...the meals have not really changed that much in the past few months. You be the judge of it though :) 
This has been my favorite lunch for a long time now. It's just a slice of rye bread with a slice of light Leerdammer cheese, mashed avocado, tomato and egg. We have a toaster that poaches eggs (1 egg at a time) which is why I have been loving this dish...so easy to do, low calories and super healthy and filling
Sea Bass is still one of our favorite fish to eat. The only problem with it is that it's quite pricey. We like to fry ours with some pesto butter. I also really love Marks and Spencers chilli and lemongrass sea bass and Waitrose olive and sundried tomato filled sea bass. I had mine with cous cous, green beans and peas and a sprinkling of feta cheese and a drizzle of sweet chilli sauce
Rice with a sweet and sour vegetable sauce, Linda Mccartney vegetarian curry/smth burger and avocado.
Sundried tomato and goats cheese risotto (I also added beans and peas) with a grilled salmon and pesto butter. ( we are slightly obsessed with pesto butter around here :D)
Quorn chilli con carne with sweetcorn and avocado. We always use basmati rice, god knows why :D But it seems to be the only rice we buy.

You might have noticed that there was no meat dishes. And that's because I have stopped eating meat for now. I wasn't really planning on telling anyone, because I'm not too sure how long I will last :D But now it's out there. D and Oscar still have meat pretty much every day so their diet hasn't changed. The one thing that is making me reconsider being a pesceparian is the waste. Because all the meat packs are meant for two people, we kind of end up storing the cooked meat in the fridge but forget about eating it. But if I would have meat as well, the waste would not happen. So I'm not too sure what to do...Anyway making that decision was completely my own and I'm sure if I start eating meat again I will only disappoint myself. 

Also Sea Bass/Meriahven is not very popular in Estonia, but it's such a great white meat fish you guys should definitely try it out. 

Hope you enjoyed the post :)
Stay tuned
xoxo
Meril

No comments:

Post a Comment