Wednesday 26 August 2015

Recap: Week 1 in Estonia

Hello, Everyone :) Long time no write. I just didn't really have anything to write about :D But I do now...I think...you'll be the judge of it :D
So a week ago I travelled alone with a 1 year old all the way from England to Estonia and although the 10 hour travel was pretty exhausting I think we did pretty good. It was Oscars first time on the plane and my first time travelling with him alone. I was expecting the worst and prepared for absolutely everything :D But I'll do another post on the travel day and my preparations, because I did learn a few things on the way :)
We made it to Estonia quite late on a Wednesday...when I say late, we literally made it just before 12am on Wednesday night. It's another 2.5 hour drive from the airport to my parents house, but thankfully Oscar slept the whole way here. And we made it just in time for the summer to finally start...in the middle of August. SO yippiiiii (I have no idea how to spell that word...is it even an actual word, who knows :D)
Ok so the week in Estonia started for us on a Thursday really, which we spent having a good nose around the house and the garden and the lake :) And we also visited my grandma, who is Oscars Great grandma. My cousin lives in the same house with her,  with her two kids, so the garden is full of play things and a trampoline, where we had to hide because Oscar was a bit scared of the dog :)
He absolutely loves playing the sand on the beack by the lake. The water was super cold though :D it didn't stop me going swimmin...took me a while but I did it :D
We also made it to Tartu, which is a small city where I grew up, before we moved to the town my parents live now. I love how the square in the old town is full of little outside restaurants. And all the houses and streets look very quaint and pretty :)
 He could really do with some shoes...I know that :D
He is such a poser. If anyone needs a child model let me know :D 
We also celebrated his First Birthday. Mainly because none of my family had even met Oscar :) It was a fun day. Most of my cousins now have children of their own so it was fun to see Oscar interact with everyone :)
I also managed to get a haircut and change my hair colour but I will probably do a little post about that one as well. Just because I'm still getting use to it myself, I need to find a way and style that works for me :)
I hope you enjoyed the comeback post :) I will try to post as much as I can during my stay in Estonia ( we are here for a total of 3 weeks) just because I get so much help from my parents and sister, that I just find myself less tired and grumpy and just more happy :) So happy posts for everyone :D and even my 8 year old brother helps by just walking away from him. Oscar loves following him around and annoying him :D

Stay tuned you guys :)
xoxo
Meril

2 comments: